Page 268 of 404 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Didn't know Hornets don't buzz cause they sure make a hell of a noise when they come into my house... Huge feckers... My boyfriend normally takes care of them for me
    The ones we get dont have any distinctive sound so I keep thinking they are just flies till they get close.

Managed to get to the Isle of Wight today and visit my home, its been 13 years since I was last there, but the views of the Solent are still just as amazing as ever .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-09-2016), Glen1 (02-09-2016)

Beware hornet stings, they carry four times the amount of venom as a wasp !

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-09-2016), Siobhan (04-09-2016), Splashy (02-09-2016)

Yikes Glen....I will be more careful next time I tackle one for sure.

Today Landlady got the keys to the new girl guide and Rainbows hall, alas none of the keys worked for front or back door.. in total that was 20 cut keys didnt match either door.. someone made an opps..luckily she caught it today and now has the right keys and no one else will be given the wrong keys as several packs use the hall...but her monday meeting would of been a farse if she had not gone and checked.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-09-2016), Glen1 (02-09-2016)

ibble wibble bibble
    Last edited by Splashy; 02-09-2016 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    I have a tendency to run away from them
    Super Mod

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (04-09-2016), Splashy (04-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    I have a tendency to run away from them
    Super Mod

Went to see my Doctor, Results of my blood test was good news, apparently my swim bladder & dorsal fin are in good working order. Oh wait I think I may have gone to the vets by mistake.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-09-2016), Glen1 (06-09-2016), Siobhan (06-09-2016)

Having a negative Nelly day so far.. the evil Australian one has been dripping poison again with loved relatives, I still havent worked out her ploy yet, what she up to,I know shes remarrying some poor smuck but no one else seems to be in the loop on that one certainly not landlady who is till waiting on an email to explain the reason why evil one has stolen the 25 grand.

It must be friday, Ive always hated fridays its a day nearer to monday which I also hate.

Having a negative Nelly day so far.. the evil Australian one has been dripping poison again with loved relatives, I still havent worked out her ploy yet, what she up to,I know shes remarrying some poor smuck but no one else seems to be in the loop on that one certainly not landlady who is still waiting on an email to explain the reason why evil one has stolen the 25 grand.

It must be friday, Ive always hated fridays its a day nearer to monday which I also hate.
    Last edited by Splashy; 09-09-2016 at 06:13.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Having a negative Nelly day so far.. the evil Australian one has been dripping poison again with loved relatives, I still havent worked out her ploy yet, what she up to,I know shes remarrying some poor smuck but no one else seems to be in the loop on that one certainly not landlady who is still waiting on an email to explain the reason why evil one has stolen the 25 grand.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day. I hope your loved ones have the sense not to believe your sister's poison. Unfortunately, it's hard for many to believe that someone they know well is evil.

I posted on this thread a couple of weeks back that I like spiders in general because they catch flies (though I'm not quite so keen on the big thick house spiders that can sometimes be seen scurrying across the floor at high speed).

I've just read an interesting fact that the spindly daddy long legs spiders which tend to occupy ceiling corners here in the UK eat large house spiders as well as other insects. Good reason for letting them live on our ceilings undisturbed (which I do anyway since they cause me no anxiety)! They can't survive outdoors in the winter so it's kinder to leave them inside - as well as being good for the ecosystem of the home.

I never kill any spiders (or any other insects if I can possibly help it) though I do usually put large spiders out if I can catch them. It's good to remember that all spiders are hunters and prey on the other insects, so having them as house guests significantly reduces other bugs around our homes.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 09-09-2016 at 11:29.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Splashy (09-09-2016)

Thread Information