Page 264 of 404 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    If it was the links in the quote that didn't work, try using the ones in my original post. Links in quotes don't work on this forum for some reason!
    yes this forum can be,, well lets just call it quirky sometimes what with its double post issues an all

Lost over a grand to a transfer issue to my bank.. was not a happy bunny, but now have it back.. major phew.

Tea will be burgers and salad... not sure if thats healthy thou .. oh and my new specs are ready to collect.

re bees, Im not a fan, but I comprehend how important they are, I just dont like meeting them, I certainly wouldnt invite them round for tea

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    yes this forum can be,, well lets just call it quirky sometimes what with its double post issues an all
    Quirky is the right word for it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Splashy (18-08-2016)

Well I had an interesting day.. My colleague is leaving at end of the month (there is only 2 of us working on this project) and my boss asked to talk to me. He said he was worried I was going to leave to0 and didn't want that so will be getting a new contract with a better job title and more money. Told him that I love my work but didn't like the atmosphere in office as we have one or two people who are just plain rude (no please, thank you.. not even a Good morning most days). He agreed that it was not a nice feeling to come to work in those conditions. I had such a great chat with him.. was really surprised (cause one of the above mentioned people is his personal secretary) but he was totally supportive and understanding. Even offered to pay my distant learning course I am currently doing... Never thought a boss could be so nice.
    Super Mod

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), moonstorm (18-08-2016), Splashy (18-08-2016), TaintedLove (19-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Well I had an interesting day.. My colleague is leaving at end of the month (there is only 2 of us working on this project) and my boss asked to talk to me. He said he was worried I was going to leave to0 and didn't want that so will be getting a new contract with a better job title and more money. Told him that I love my work but didn't like the atmosphere in office as we have one or two people who are just plain rude (no please, thank you.. not even a Good morning most days). He agreed that it was not a nice feeling to come to work in those conditions. I had such a great chat with him.. was really surprised (cause one of the above mentioned people is his personal secretary) but he was totally supportive and understanding. Even offered to pay my distant learning course I am currently doing... Never thought a boss could be so nice.
    Congratulations on your new contract and better pay. Is there a reason that your colleagues are so rude? Are they just rude to you or everybody? Hopefully he will address this situation because it is very unpleasant to work in those conditions. Good luck with the distant learning course and great that the boss is going to pay for it

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), Siobhan (18-08-2016), Splashy (18-08-2016)

They are rude to everyone except each other hahahaha. Yeah the boss said he will sort it.
    Super Mod

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-08-2016), Splashy (18-08-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    hey Siobhan

there are rude gits in every walks of life.

congrats thou on the more money bit.

Today I am again mostly not watching the olympics despite the BBCs best efforts to make me

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), Siobhan (22-08-2016)

Makes all the difference having a supportive boss.
    By the way my son got an A in an A level maths he started at 15. One year earlier than normal , so proud,

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), Perdita (19-08-2016), Siobhan (22-08-2016), Splashy (19-08-2016), TaintedLove (19-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post

Lost over a grand to a transfer issue to my bank.. was not a happy bunny, but now have it back.. major phew.

Tea will be burgers and salad... not sure if thats healthy thou .. oh and my new specs are ready to collect.

re bees, Im not a fan, but I comprehend how important they are, I just dont like meeting them, I certainly wouldnt invite them round for tea
    Sounds a lovely tea you had Splashy. We had leftover sweet `n`sour pork and fried rice from what I cooked the day before as I made plenty. Next time I`m going to use brown rice as its much healthier and tastes a lot nicer in my opinion.
    I`m glad you got your banking problems sorted out...must`ve been so scary for you.
    I just got new glasses the other day too Splashy. Well when I say new glasses I mean I`ve had them about 8 years, but misplaced them. The pair I replaced them with were so scratched up I could barely see out of them. Serves me right for using them to go blackberry picking last month. And yayyyy I can see perfectly again...so perfect in fact that I had to adjust my zoom on my web page viewer to smaller text.
    I was going to get my eyes tested next month as I thought that I`d need stronger lenses. But these glasses from 8 years ago are perfect, so I saved a lot of money not having to bother getting my eyes tested and getting new glasses. And these are practically new anyway as when I bought them they were a 2 for 1 offer. It was only by chance I found them as I was looking for something else in my cupboard, and I found the glasses case they were in.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), Splashy (19-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    By the way my son got an A in an A level maths he started at 15. One year earlier than normal , so proud,
    Wow that`s excellent news. Congratulations to your son swmc66

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), Splashy (19-08-2016), swmc66 (19-08-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Very well done

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-08-2016), Splashy (19-08-2016), swmc66 (19-08-2016)

Thread Information