Page 255 of 404 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    What did you think of the renovations? Have you made a decision whether to sell?
    Its looking brilliant, brand new windows. new carpets,new plumbing. electrics and painted. Kitchen is half complete and the bathroom ready now to have shower toilet basin and washing machine installed. Im not chasing the contractor about doing this fast as another issue is extending the land lease back to 125 years, thats already cost me 2 grand with a potential further 8k to follow that. But until thats sorted I cant sell it anyway, well I could for a lot less than I will get with 125 years on the land lease. Its all a huge con, Im actually paying for the land owners costs as well as my own and then I have to pay a lump sum on top of that as compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Check out what house prices are right now, they may go down later and market bit rocky right now as people scared to invest as not sure what Brexit impact will be. Thats what some money programme was saying anyway.
    When its a home i always think with my heart not my head though.

What I do know is if I sell it the buyer will be a person who will instantly rent it out The property couldnt be better located, nice gardens with access to macdonalds, Lidl, tescos,cash machines,busses to all parts of the city just across the road. On average I used to get letters from estate agents every week asking me if I wanted to sell. Im veering towards renting but using a management firm, it will be amusing thou as the first thing my stalker will try and do is rent it. (thats another tedious splashy story )

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (11-07-2016)

Looks as though you have your finger on the pulse Splashy, to weigh up the pros and cons. Good wishes to your decision.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (12-07-2016)

thank you Glen

Today here .. auto robot PPI drone keeps calling me..darn annoying and she refuses to go on a date with me just keeps insisting I press the 5 key...I told my supervisor I shouldn't eat garlic chicken last night, thats my chance blown.

T May our new PM, just like Brown and J Major not elected into the post and oh boy she is a scary women,Id rate her as 5 chainsaws one less than Angela Merkel.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-07-2016)

thank you Glen

Today here .. auto robot PPI drone keeps calling me..darn annoying and she refuses to go on a date with me just keeps insisting I press the 5 key...I told my supervisor I shouldn't eat garlic chicken last night, thats my chance blown.

T May our new PM, just like Brown and J Major not elected into the post and oh boy she is a scary women,Id rate her as 5 chainsaws one less than Angela Merkel.

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Vettel is much more likeable now he isnt winning every race

F1 is my main love. its not just the race its all the politics and build up that makes it for me, I used to love the BBC coverage but had to follow Martin to sky sports where they really have a good team now.

Today.. Have spent over 15 grand renovating my old flat, am off to see the results in person in a bit, the question still is do I sell it or rent it out?
    F1 for me is the only sport.. the others is just messing about. I love the build up and I can only watch RTL in Germany but Niki Lauda is the host so all is good. I am a huge Michael Schumacher fan and when he left (the first time) I spotted Vettel and loved him from his first race. Was at the Spa GP last year and my greatest achievement was doing a lap of the Monaco GP.. granted I could only go 50 so my lap was over 7 minutes hahahahaha
    Super Mod

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (13-07-2016), Perdita (13-07-2016), Splashy (14-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    F1 for me is the only sport.. the others is just messing about. I love the build up and I can only watch RTL in Germany but Niki Lauda is the host so all is good. I am a huge Michael Schumacher fan and when he left (the first time) I spotted Vettel and loved him from his first race. Was at the Spa GP last year and my greatest achievement was doing a lap of the Monaco GP.. granted I could only go 50 so my lap was over 7 minutes hahahahaha
    Very well done Siobhan!!! That is still awesome

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (13-07-2016), Splashy (14-07-2016)

Can't seem to find the thread about recommending books so I will just write it here.. It is called "behind closed doors" by B A Paris (debut novel) and it had me hooked from start to end. (finished in a day).
    Super Mod

Can't seem to find the thread about recommending books so I will just write it here.. It is called \"behind closed doors\" by B A Paris (debut novel) and it had me hooked from start to end. (finished in a day).
    There is this thread http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...t=book+reading

What is Behind Closed Doors about, you have me intrigued now

The man in his day was an evil genius, still makes me chuckle that he blocked off the final chance for others to get pole over him at Monaco that time by accidentally crashing at 1 mile an hour in turn one. Its why I also like Alonso, he screwed over Hamilton by staying longer in the Pit than was needed to ensure Hamilton didnt have time to complete a final lap in qualies.

But then the only co team driver Hamilton didnt hate was Jensen and even he moaned about Lewis being aloof during off season.

Anywho... thats it, Mrs May is our new PM....Im off to America to live, it cant be any worse there, oh wait Donald build a wall against Mexicans Trump. Ummm ok I hear Antarctica is nice this time of year.

The man in his day was an evil genius, still makes me chuckle that he blocked off the final chance for others to get pole over him at Monaco that time by accidentally crashing at 1 mile an hour in turn one. Its why I also like Alonso, he screwed over Hamilton by staying longer in the Pit than was needed to ensure Hamilton didnt have time to complete a final lap in qualies.

But then the only co team driver Hamilton didnt hate was Jensen and even he moaned about Lewis being aloof during off season.

Anywho... thats it, Mrs May is our new PM....Im off to America to live, it cant be any worse there, oh wait Donald build a wall against Mexicans Trump. Ummm ok I hear Antarctica is nice this time of year.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

parkerman (15-07-2016)

Thread Information