Page 247 of 404 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Yes, I'd forgotten about ginger and white cats being almost exclusively male. Their female equivalents are tortoiseshell and white cats (black, ginger and white). Bessie is probably one of the latter but with her dark patches missing.
    Bessie`s Mother Sally doesn`t look like she fed her very much as Bessie is so skinny her ribs are poking through. But she`s had a good feed today.

Bessie has a sister who is calico, the rest in the litter are 2 boys - not sure what colour they are.
    I`ve always had a fondness for ginger cats.....ginger and white being my fave. Over the years we`ve had cats of every colour and colour combination. LOL.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-05-2016)

Day 3 of our kitten
    So disregard everything that I said...he`s definitely a boy. My hubby said that he must`ve been scared when he first got here, so his knackers must`ve been hidden in fright. I don`t go around checking kittys plumbing bits, so I took my hubbys word for it.

Benny has settled in really well. Here is his latest pic. He`s snoozing on the blankie I knitted for him after a busy morning playing with his new toys we bought hm. Well actually playing with the packaging the catnip mice came in rather than the catnip mice themselves.
    At least now we know he`s a boy I don`t have to make him another blankie with his name on

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2016)

He looks sooooo content in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Day 3 of our kitten
    So disregard everything that I said...he`s definitely a boy. My hubby said that he must`ve been scared when he first got here, so his knackers must`ve been hidden in fright. I don`t go around checking kittys plumbing bits, so I took my hubbys word for it.

Benny has settled in really well. Here is his latest pic. He`s snoozing on the blankie I knitted for him after a busy morning playing with his new toys we bought hm. Well actually playing with the packaging the catnip mice came in rather than the catnip mice themselves.
    At least now we know he`s a boy I don`t have to make him another blankie with his name on

Benny, you have got the best home furever you could wish for .. ♥

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-05-2016), TaintedLove (01-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Benny, you have got the best home furever you could wish for .. ♥
    Thanks Perdita. ♥
    Do you see what I mean abut Benny`s tail, and how the stripes makes it look like a bumble bee?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Perdita (01-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Thanks Perdita. ♥
    Do you see what I mean abut Benny`s tail, and how the stripes makes it look like a bumble bee?
    Yes, I see what you mean

My 21 year old daughter applied for a year off from university as she has mental health issues. The university have rejected her application and expect her to come back to university and try and compkete her course. She has to retake her 2nd year as she has not attended due to ill health since december. So they expect her to turn up unwell. I spoke to her and she was in floods of tears. She is with her uncle in kuwait as part of her recovery. He is so good with her and understands mental health issues as a close friend of his has been managing it all these years. Anyway bottom line is my daughter has had to completely quit university as she cannot go back and try and muddle through when she is not well enough to function.
    I have sent an email to the university and told them excatly what i thought of their support mechanisms and understanding of mental health issues. I don't know where she goes from here but we will take a day at a time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-06-2016)

My 21 year old daughter applied for a year off from university as she has mental health issues. The university have rejected her application and expect her to come back to university and try and compkete her course. She has to retake her 2nd year as she has not attended due to ill health since december. So they expect her to turn up unwell. I spoke to her and she was in floods of tears. She is with her uncle in kuwait as part of her recovery. He is so good with her and understands mental health issues as a close friend of his has been managing it all these years. Anyway bottom line is my daughter has had to completely quit university as she cannot go back and try and muddle through when she is not well enough to function.
    I have sent an email to the university and told them excatly what i thought of their support mechanisms and understanding of mental health issues. I don't know where she goes from here but we will take a day at a time.

That's terrible, I'm really shocked at their insensitivity! Big hugs to you and your daughter xxx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-06-2016), swmc66 (13-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that .. You would have expected much more understanding from an educational authority, shame on them. Would be interesting to hear if you get a reply from them in response to your email. I hope your daughter gets better soon. Maybe she can go back to studying at a later time when she is able to. xxx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-06-2016), swmc66 (13-06-2016)

Thread Information