Page 238 of 404 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

I think it could be time for a career change, I am really hating my part time job lately, new staff who just have no respect or interest in doing tasks properly

I know I do things in a particular way and may have a slight touch of ocd but trying to accommodate and reason with them isn't working

I feel now like an old horse who needs to be put out to pasture

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2016), lizann (08-03-2016), swmc66 (08-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think it could be time for a career change, I am really hating my part time job lately, new staff who just have no respect or interest in doing tasks properly

I know I do things in a particular way and may have a slight touch of ocd but trying to accommodate and reason with them isn't working

I am sorry you feel the way you do, nothing worse than not having job satisfaction, I think ... Can you talk to management about new staff`´s attitude? Do you have any assistance¿? I hope you can sort things out without having to look for a new job

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2016), tammyy2j (08-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I am sorry you feel the way you do, nothing worse than not having job satisfaction, I think ... Can you talk to management about new staff`´s attitude? Do you have any assistance¿? I hope you can sort things out without having to look for a new job
    Thanks Perdita, I have tried but no luck as boss is away a lot

I feel sick now going to work that isn't good for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (08-03-2016)

Sorry to hear you're so unhappy in your job at the moment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (08-03-2016)

Thanks Perdita, I have tried but no luck as boss is away a lot

I feel sick now going to work that isn't good for me
    aww Tammy, I hope you can speak to management and maybe get management to reorganise a bit in your setup if you think it is needed. xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-03-2016), tammyy2j (08-03-2016)

... double post
    Last edited by Perdita; 08-03-2016 at 21:19.

They are not gearing up the young people for work these days. When i have them joining me i have to invest a lot of time developing them as noone seems to have given them the skills for working environments. I mean i had to tell one the other day to take the chewing gum out of her mouth as it made her look unprofessional in a meeting where she was representing our company. When i asked if she had gum in her mouth...she rushed off to get me some! Thats just one of a long list of things. Its exhausting but we know they have been brought up in a totally different world from us. I would not want their upbringing i am assuming new staff are young but i may be wrong here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (09-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    They are not gearing up the young people for work these days. When i have them joining me i have to invest a lot of time developing them as noone seems to have given them the skills for working environments. I mean i had to tell one the other day to take the chewing gum out of her mouth as it made her look unprofessional in a meeting where she was representing our company. When i asked if she had gum in her mouth...she rushed off to get me some! Thats just one of a long list of things. Its exhausting but we know they have been brought up in a totally different world from us. I would not want their upbringing i am assuming new staff are young but i may be wrong here.
    Yes they are and I don't want to sound racist but some haven't got English as a first language either

As long as they are competant in speaking english and writing it I am ok with that even if it is their second language. I am just getting used to a staff member who has severe dyslexia its opened my eyes a lot about it. Its amazing how people manage.

try and talk to your boss and stay strong keep calm good luck

Thread Information