Page 237 of 404 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

What a mad week you had swmc66... hopefully this one is better :-)

I just started a distance learning course in Web Development.. it is all in German so I am very scared that I might not get it all.. So far so good.. I read my course work for the day in German a few times and underline some words I don't understand.. then I go to google translate to get the gist of what the pages are about. As it is just the beginning it has been fine so far but I have a feeling it will get harder as the time goes on. It is over 12 months and they recommend an hour a day.. The booklet is 90 pages for the month, so I am tackling 5 pages a day with revision on a Sunday... hopefully leaves me a week at the end of the month to do the homework.
    Super Mod

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-03-2016), Perdita (02-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    What a mad week you had swmc66... hopefully this one is better :-)

I just started a distance learning course in Web Development.. it is all in German so I am very scared that I might not get it all.. So far so good.. I read my course work for the day in German a few times and underline some words I don't understand.. then I go to google translate to get the gist of what the pages are about. As it is just the beginning it has been fine so far but I have a feeling it will get harder as the time goes on. It is over 12 months and they recommend an hour a day.. The booklet is 90 pages for the month, so I am tackling 5 pages a day with revision on a Sunday... hopefully leaves me a week at the end of the month to do the homework.
    Good luck with the course, I admire you tackling this in a language you are not fluent in

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (03-03-2016)

Good luck with your course, Siobhan.

I might be interested in doing something similar myself in the future. Have you got any advice on what qualifications and/or accreditations to go for?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (03-03-2016)

You are very determined so i believe you will succeed with the approach you are taking. Google translate is amazing
    Got my new locks on today Dazzle its more common than i thought this issue. Thank goodness i was only locked in for a short while unlike your daughter.
    On another note i will see my niece for the first time on 1st April...the one that could not get a passport for 9 months then they lost all my brothers original documentation etc. Anyway a few weeks ago the home office found all the original documents and he has them now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-03-2016), Siobhan (03-03-2016)

You are very determined so i believe you will succeed with the approach you are taking. Google translate is amazing
    Got my new locks on today Dazzle its more common than i thought this issue. Thank goodness i was only locked in for a short while unlike your daughter.
    On another note i will see my niece for the first time on 1st April...the one that could not get a passport for 9 months then they lost all my brothers original documentation etc. Anyway a few weeks ago the home office found all the original documents and he has them now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (03-03-2016)

You must be so excited to meet your famous niece for the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Good luck with your course, Siobhan.

I might be interested in doing something similar myself in the future. Have you got any advice on what qualifications and/or accreditations to go for?
    This course starts you off at complete beginner so it is really easy to follow. I am currently a javascript programmer at work, but it was self learned and not very structured. I would highly recommend doing HTML&CSS and Javascript course on Code Academy. They are brilliant for a complete beginner.

If you are not excited about doing programming, I suggest doing a Web Design course.
    Super Mod

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-03-2016)

This course starts you off at complete beginner so it is really easy to follow. I am currently a javascript programmer at work, but it was self learned and not very structured. I would highly recommend doing HTML&CSS and Javascript course on Code Academy. They are brilliant for a complete beginner.

If you are not excited about doing programming, I suggest doing a Web Design course.
    I am interested in programming and did some at university many years ago (I can't remember any of it now though), so I'll do as you recommend and have a look at Code Academy.

Thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (03-03-2016)

I am interested in programming and did some at university many years ago (I can't remember any of it now though), so I'll do as you recommend and have a look at Code Academy.

Thanks!
    I was the same.. it was 14 years since I left uni when I started doing Javascript.. I prefer this type of programming than Java or C++
    Super Mod

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-03-2016)

Thanks!
    I was the same.. it was 14 years since I left uni when I started doing Javascript.. I prefer this type of programming than Java or C++
    Super Mod

Thread Information