Page 159 of 404 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Oh I got a hugh bunch of flowers just delivered to my office! Seems hubby can be romantic after all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (14-02-2013)

Well, I have had a very stressful year last year. Decided to move back to UK, get a job, place and all that. Had several job interviews but when I got there, was told that some jobs advertised as full time were not, permanent posts were for 6 or 9 months only, for one full time position I was told that depending on candidates, they might make the job a shared one. I got so stressed out that I decided to stay with other half who has taken early retirement and move to Spain. I would have liked to pay some more NI contributions as I still have a long while before I get a pension but rather than sit in a small place and pay all those expenses involved with setting up a new home in UK, I shall make do with a small pension when I get it and enjoy the Spanish sunshine in the meantime. Arrived midday today and sat with friends outside a bar in glorious warm sunshine and temperature of 18C.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-02-2013), Siobhan (18-02-2013)

Enjoy the sunshine, Perdy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-02-2013)

Enjoy Perdy! (",).

Im playing the waiting game at the moment. just awaiting to hear about job interviews. Got two more lined up for this week.

Enjoy Perdy! (",).

Im playing the waiting game at the moment. just awaiting to hear about job interviews. Got two more lined up for this week.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-02-2013), Siobhan (18-02-2013)

Good luck with your interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Well, I have had a very stressful year last year. Decided to move back to UK, get a job, place and all that. Had several job interviews but when I got there, was told that some jobs advertised as full time were not, permanent posts were for 6 or 9 months only, for one full time position I was told that depending on candidates, they might make the job a shared one. I got so stressed out that I decided to stay with other half who has taken early retirement and move to Spain. I would have liked to pay some more NI contributions as I still have a long while before I get a pension but rather than sit in a small place and pay all those expenses involved with setting up a new home in UK, I shall make do with a small pension when I get it and enjoy the Spanish sunshine in the meantime. Arrived midday today and sat with friends outside a bar in glorious warm sunshine and temperature of 18C.
    The sun is shining here too but its certainly nowhere near 18c. Enjoy your early retirement in the sun. Can you not make a limp sum payment towards your NI Contributions?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    The sun is shining here too but its certainly nowhere near 18c. Enjoy your early retirement in the sun. Can you not make a limp sum payment towards your NI Contributions?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

13. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-02-2013)

Thanks Alan, not thought of paying voluntary contributions, will look into that

Argh! Cracked a rib!! The pain is ridiculas. This is the second time in under a year. The hospital said its the same rib thats re cracked. I could do without this. Im a rubbish patient. Got a massove band comp coming up in March as well.

Am not impressed at all!!

Thread Information