Page 173 of 404 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Perdy, I have just seen the picture of your gorgeous grand-daughter! Oooh, so cute -and what a lot of hair! Congratulations x
    Thank you Trinity, although now only 3 months old, she is already wearing clothes for 6-9 months old babies, guess she takes after her parents who are quite tall

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Trinity (04-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Perdy, I have just seen the picture of your gorgeous grand-daughter! Oooh, so cute -and what a lot of hair! Congratulations x
    Thank you Trinity, although now only 3 months old, she is already wearing clothes for 6-9 months old babies, guess she takes after her parents who are quite tall

Ive an extremely sore collarbone! after a tough tackle playing GAA on thursday evening!

Any tips on recovery, except for ice as ive tried that and its just not working.

I hope you are feeling better again and nothing badly hurt
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-09-2013 at 14:35.

I've a very stylish sling to wear for a few weeks!!

I've an interview tomorrow morning and I'm so nervous!!

I know that look lol. good luck for the interview x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katy (05-09-2013)

Not sure if most of you know but my son Ben was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and we have been struggling with the school to get something done to help him with his work. He has aggression with this also so for the past year the school solution was send him home. He wasn't learning anything and he has suffered alot because of this. Kids in his class are afraid of him and nobody plays with him during breaks. As parent, we have done everything we could, therapy, 10 week course in a day clinic and when I was out of work I spent 2 months sitting in his classroom with him. He also takes medication. After the 10 week course Ben behaves a lot more at home but school is a different thing. He still feels left out and alone there.

Yesterday we had a meeting with the school and with the authorities to discuss was has to be done. The woman from the authorities is a real ball breaker. She told the school sending Ben home in not an answer. She assessed the school and told them that they don't have the capability to work with kids with ADD so she has gotten Ben into another school near us (they have a second teacher in the classes so if a child misbehaves, they can go outside and calm down), she has given the school an individual plan for Ben and has a help teacher for 7 hours a week to do assessment to find out what other things Ben needs for day to day work (kids with ADD tend to forget a lot of stuff and have low concentration).. I am so happy with this woman as we feel, as parents, we are finally getting things done for Ben to get him help that he so much needs.

Fingers crossed that Ben can finally get a proper education and make friends that stand by him if he does get angry and not run away screaming as the kids in his class do now.
    Super Mod

Not sure if most of you know but my son Ben was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and we have been struggling with the school to get something done to help him with his work. He has aggression with this also so for the past year the school solution was send him home. He wasn't learning anything and he has suffered alot because of this. Kids in his class are afraid of him and nobody plays with him during breaks. As parent, we have done everything we could, therapy, 10 week course in a day clinic and when I was out of work I spent 2 months sitting in his classroom with him. He also takes medication. After the 10 week course Ben behaves a lot more at home but school is a different thing. He still feels left out and alone there.

Yesterday we had a meeting with the school and with the authorities to discuss was has to be done. The woman from the authorities is a real ball breaker. She told the school sending Ben home in not an answer. She assessed the school and told them that they don't have the capability to work with kids with ADD so she has gotten Ben into another school near us (they have a second teacher in the classes so if a child misbehaves, they can go outside and calm down), she has given the school an individual plan for Ben and has a help teacher for 7 hours a week to do assessment to find out what other things Ben needs for day to day work (kids with ADD tend to forget a lot of stuff and have low concentration).. I am so happy with this woman as we feel, as parents, we are finally getting things done for Ben to get him help that he so much needs.

Fingers crossed that Ben can finally get a proper education and make friends that stand by him if he does get angry and not run away screaming as the kids in his class do now.
    Super Mod

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-09-2013), Perdita (06-09-2013)

Absolutely fanstastic news Shiv!! Hopefully you can get to relax a little now. xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-09-2013)

Brilliant news, all the best for Ben and you and your family xxxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-09-2013)

Thread Information