Page 152 of 404 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Just heard that the council have told the owners not to proceed with demolition on two grounds.
    1. I have applied to English Heritage for listing, so they should wait until the outcome of that has been decided.
    2. Someone else has complained that there are bats in the building and they are not allowed to demolish a building with bats in (as they are a protected species) without a licence which they don't have.

We're not out of the woods yet but it has given us time.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (22-10-2012), moonstorm (23-10-2012), Perdita (22-10-2012), Siobhan (23-10-2012), Trinity (31-10-2012)

Haven't been here for a while, I do pop in for a nose now and again, just so busy with work, it's all I seem to do. Currently trying to Christmas shop for my boyfriend, but he is SOO expensive to buy for, so I am stressing like mad. Other than that, same old different day, work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep, but someone's got to do it I hope everyone is well!! xxx

So nervous all day as I had to give my first presentation in my job and also deliver it in German eek!! but I managed it and I am so proud of myself for achieving that. Last year there would have been no way I would have done it.
    Super Mod

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-11-2012), moonstorm (16-11-2012), parkerman (16-11-2012), Perdita (16-11-2012)

Well done. Its hard enough giving a presentation in your native tongue let alone a foreign one.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-11-2012)

Well done, Siobhan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-11-2012)

Well done, I know I would struggle too and I have lived here for quite a while now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-11-2012)

Oh my no I haven't been kidnapped by aliens or jailed for stalking Kiefer (Yes I still love him) I know I haven't been on here for weeks & weeks & weeks but I haven't been up to anything exciting honest. It's just work has been really stressful the last couple of months and I have struggled to find the time to come on here. I'll try and make it quick for those who don't know me.

I work for a college in Edinburgh. Up until October there were three colleges in the city. One college had two campuses. A couple of years ago the Government (That idiot Salmond) decided that it would be a good idea to merge the three colleges into one. From the 1st October we are now Edinburgh college. In the last year there has been a lot of changes. due to the merge there had to be staff cuts to save money. A huge voluntary severance deal was offered and they got rid of almost 100 members of staff over the 4 campuses 69 in the one I work. We still have to loose about another 100 before next summer. Our campus had to deal with a double whammy as we still had a large Senior Management Team to get rid off as the other college had made their staff cuts two years ago.

We are now at the stage that we have a new Principal. The new six Senior Management Team will be announced next week and that leaves 44 ex big wigs to fight it out for 18 jobs. Meanwhile you have front-line staff like myself having to do Managers jobs on a cleaners wage. I tell you I will be glad when the New Year comes I know there has to be loads of new changes but the quicker they are implemented the better. There is just so much bickering and uncertainty going on at the moment.

Away from work not much changes on the home front. Marley is 14 now 5ft 9inches tall. Size 7 feet growing more beautiful every day and as sharp as a tack. We had a lovely holiday in August in Gran Canaria. My niece-in-law is pregnant again she is due in June, but she hasn't been well with a flu virus and tonsillitis, also Skye who's 2 was in hospital for a week with pneumonia. She had two viruses RSV and Adeno to fight. I was babysitting my other nieces boy Riley last Saturday. Riley is almost 14 months old and run rings around me.

That's my moan over. My chest is clear. Thanks for listening love you all.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Oh my no I haven't been kidnapped by aliens or jailed for stalking Kiefer (Yes I still love him) I know I haven't been on here for weeks & weeks & weeks but I haven't been up to anything exciting honest. It's just work has been really stressful the last couple of months and I have struggled to find the time to come on here. I'll try and make it quick for those who don't know me.

I work for a college in Edinburgh. Up until October there were three colleges in the city. One college had two campuses. A couple of years ago the Government (That idiot Salmond) decided that it would be a good idea to merge the three colleges into one. From the 1st October we are now Edinburgh college. In the last year there has been a lot of changes. due to the merge there had to be staff cuts to save money. A huge voluntary severance deal was offered and they got rid of almost 100 members of staff over the 4 campuses 69 in the one I work. We still have to loose about another 100 before next summer. Our campus had to deal with a double whammy as we still had a large Senior Management Team to get rid off as the other college had made their staff cuts two years ago.

We are now at the stage that we have a new Principal. The new six Senior Management Team will be announced next week and that leaves 44 ex big wigs to fight it out for 18 jobs. Meanwhile you have front-line staff like myself having to do Managers jobs on a cleaners wage. I tell you I will be glad when the New Year comes I know there has to be loads of new changes but the quicker they are implemented the better. There is just so much bickering and uncertainty going on at the moment.

Away from work not much changes on the home front. Marley is 14 now 5ft 9inches tall. Size 7 feet growing more beautiful every day and as sharp as a tack. We had a lovely holiday in August in Gran Canaria. My niece-in-law is pregnant again she is due in June, but she hasn't been well with a flu virus and tonsillitis, also Skye who's 2 was in hospital for a week with pneumonia. She had two viruses RSV and Adeno to fight. I was babysitting my other nieces boy Riley last Saturday. Riley is almost 14 months old and run rings around me.

That's my moan over. My chest is clear. Thanks for listening love you all.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Well you have certainly got your plate fully at the momnet Chloe! Keep your chin up, things will get better.

Keep happy Kath.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information