Page 103 of 404 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Abigail, no. Just no.

I was prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until I read this.

If you are content to be someone he sleeps with while he waits for someone else then you are seriously undervaluing yourself. I know that the term for this is **** buddies - and if you are both happy with that then I suppose that it would be okay. But you are not happy with that, you know that you are never going to be happy with that so I have to echo the comments above.

Get out of there before you get seriously hurt.

I too have T shirts from way back when before I met my husband, and I have to say this. The difference when you meet the right person is huge. You can be yourself, you feel happy without worrying about it, you can trust your partner totally, you know that they would never hurt you deliberately - there is a peace there as well as a passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    O hate to be the devil on the shoulder, actually... I won't be, I will tell you to please not make the mistake that I'm making now, because I feel nothing but hurt everytime I hear Phil talk about other girls he "would ride"... yes... that's right, purely because even though we agreed that what we're doing is fine for the both of us, deep down he knows how I feel... and I bet Rob knows deep down how you feel too, do you think he could be doing it to make you jealous??
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Abigail from one mug who's been there, wrote the book, wears the t-shirt ect. Give this guy a wide-bearth. If he's texting or phoning another girl and thinking about having sex with her casual or not he's a sh1t cut your losses and blame sleeping with him on the beer goggles but don't fall for his charms again. If he tries it on with you tell him you're not going to be anyones bit on the side. Your worth more than that.
    Thank you all for your replies. Since this happened I've been thinking a lot and I've come to the same conclusions. I'm sure we'll still remain friends but anything beyond that is not possible. I do still like him but I know I would be a fool to let anything happen. He's a guy, and like he said, "guys are there to screw women over."

I have my job interview tomorrow. I'm getting a bit nervous, I'm not sure I can impress them enough but we'll see. My first ever interview.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Good luck for the interview tomorrow Abigail you'll be fine think positive, be yourself and knock them dead.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2011)

I've been looking forward to it for a few weeks but I feel so unprepared. I have to give a presentation, have two interviews and a tour around the site. I guess some nerves are to be expected and it would be abnormal to not feel nervous. I'll be fine, I can do this. I know all about my dissertation, I know about the company, I know what the job entails. I just need to focus and I'll be fine.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Good luck xoxoxo

Good luck xxxx
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

All the best Abigail, it sounds like you have done your prep - just keep calm, do your best and like Chloe says knock 'em dead.

An interview is all about selling yourself, a lot of people forget that. If they don't ask the questions you want to answer make sure that you give the additional info later when they you have the opportunity to add something. I once went on a 'springboard' course for women, they told us that if you have a man and a woman going for the same job and they have similar skills the man will (generally) sell himself at a higher level than the woman. There is nothing wrong with selling yourself - confidence is key - you can do it!

Good luck, Abigail. I hope it goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    oh Shiv it's finally happening how you feeling about uping sticks.
    I am really excited about it.. I have been at this place of 8 and half years and I am beginning to get a bit disillusioned about it all so it is probabaly best to move now before I start to hate it all.. Germany is a wonderful place and so much opportunities for the kids that they just won't get here in Ireland, even in Dublin...
    Super Mod

failed my driving theory today by 3 marks! im gutted!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    failed my driving theory today by 3 marks! im gutted!
    I am sorry, Katy, that must be disappointing. Need to get up and dust yourself off so you can pass with flying colours next time

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Katy (11-03-2011)

Thread Information