Page 112 of 404 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Congrats Alan, well done and good luck. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    i was at wembley yesterday and it was amazing!!!! Still very tired now, it was a long and emotional day!
    My friend went to watch Stoke v Bolton. I have no interest in football and still don't even though Stoke are in the finals.

Not a lot going on with me really. Same old stuff. Got two exams in a few weeks and then I'm pretty much finished. I'm moving in with a friend about a mile away so I'm staying in the area. I'm actually really looking forward to living with somebody who is obsessively clean and doesn't play on the Xbox all day! My friend is a psychiatrist (rather apt considering my current mental state ), he's a lovely 50 year old guy that has a crush on me. He admitted it a few months ago whilst we were both drunk. His son, who is nearly 23, also fancies me; the first time we met there was a bit of chemistry between us.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I'm off on holiday this week. Weather has been lovely but spent the afternoon painting Marley's bedroom

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Going anywhere nice Kath?
    Thanks CrazyLea

No Abigail i might try and get out for little day trips depends Marley has been out everyday with her friends. I want to get her room painted then I've got new flooring, bed and bedroom furniture to buy. It's just nice to get some time off work.

I went on holiday last week to Devon with my family which was nice. A bit concerned for one of my cousins though - she hasn't been herself. I feel like I can go and talk to her about it and listen to her, but I haven't got myself involved. I just hope she returns to her normal self soon. My family keep telling her to "pull herself together" and that she shouldn't be feeling depressed, as her life is good and there are people suffering worse. I'm thinking to myself, it's not that easy...

I haven't been doing too much of note. I went swimming yesterday and just been down the pub. I've applied for a job at a pub... I don't know if I will get it, but we'll see. I will be exam invigilating next month as well for some extra money.

On the downside, I haven't got any work experience sorted yet and I still don't have a house to live in next year...my mum keeps nagging me to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    My family keep telling her to "pull herself together" and that she shouldn't be feeling depressed, as her life is good and there are people suffering worse. I'm thinking to myself, it's not that easy...
    That is what we were told grown up.. Depression was a taboo thing and you were just told to pull yourself together, other people are worse off then you so I can understand if this is coming from older members of your family. however, it never helps the person who is depressed and just listen will help
    Super Mod

Shiv is right Davie being told to "pull yourself together" used to norm. Maybe you can speak to your cousin on your own give her a cuddle and tell her you're there for her if she needs to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    I went on holiday last week to Devon with my family which was nice. A bit concerned for one of my cousins though - she hasn't been herself. I feel like I can go and talk to her about it and listen to her, but I haven't got myself involved. I just hope she returns to her normal self soon. My family keep telling her to "pull herself together" and that she shouldn't be feeling depressed, as her life is good and there are people suffering worse. I'm thinking to myself, it's not that easy...
    Its great that you care for your cousin Dave. People with depression can't "pull themselves together" and it isn't a helpful thing to say. Depression isn't always linked to life events, sometimes the brain chemicals just go haywire for no apparent reason. You could let her know that you might understand how she's feeling because you've been through it yourself and you're available to listen if she wants to talk. If you think something is really wrong then you could encourage her to see her GP, maybe offer to go along with her for support.

I've been busy revising for my exams. I spent the whole day yesterday with Rob, which was nice. We went to the car dealership to pick his car up from being serviced and the guy referred to us as Mr and Mrs [his surname], which made us laugh. We had to go buy some jelly and cream for his dad and we were was joking about it with some sexual innuendo. He's been great over the past month, he understand what I'm going through and he's a good listener. I don't know what's going to happen in the future; I miss him when he's not around. He's been very complimentary recently, I don't know if that's just how he is or if he's hinting. It came up in conversation a few days ago that I kinda don't pick up on compliments people pay me, he's definitely increased the amount of nice things he's saying about me since then. I'm having a party in a few weeks so maybe something will happen when I've had a few drinks. I'm too scared to ask him on a date in case he says no. I've been rejected before and it hurt. I know he said some things that were stupid a few months ago but I've gotten to know him more and he's not the sort of person to sleep around and use women.

I'm so tired, I think I'm going to have an early night. I started CBT earlier this week. One of my goals is to establish a routine so I have to get up at 8.30am every morning, no sleeping during the day and go to bed about 10pm. It should be something that is easy to do but I'm just so tired I want to sleep all the time. I'll probably be asleep before 9pm tonight.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I haven't been on this in such a long time, I've been so busy or I'm hardley on the laptop. Trying to find a job still which is really annoying, cause I would love one! I'm on jobseekers but ain't getting money due to the fact I apparently don't have enough National Insurance Credits :S I don't understand it but going to speak to my dad about it. We have a puppy called Charlie and he is the gorgeous thing ever ! Hoping to be around a lot more often but we'll see !

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

Thread Information