Page 385 of 404 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Alas Glen I think it was because I coudnt read the above sandwich boards due to me poor peepers and although I told the lady that and showed her my white cane she still ripped me off , no doubt if I had the days special of dry roasted Zombie topped with Gazel droppings I would also of got a free drink of Yak pee and a pass for a discount at the local hospital.

My talktalk router is still out there in the back of some bods car and I cant track it down, so it maybe blissfully silent from e me for while
    The tables will turn Splashy when some of those shopkeepers realise your a resident on the Isle and not a tourist. Incidentally got a suspicion I've had that days special dished up at one or two pub lunches in the past. Certainly the ale served could quite easily have been yak pee.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (27-05-2018)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    p
    Well I'm here in my new flat I've only got BBC One and BBC to reception on my TV no broadband as I've got no routers but at least I'm here. And oh boy is being muggy but I managed to get TalkTalk to agree to send another hub for the internet although I couldn't convince her that in the original package I also should have had a 3 TV thingy I was just glad at that point that you was going to send the thing is that I can use the internet
    Never never never used TalkTalk people

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (28-05-2018)

Wow my last post makes no sense posted it on my android

At last have my talktalk Hub ok they think my name is Mr David Twiddy .. I suppose two of the vowels they used are in my real name

Having a surreal time here, met a soldier of fortune last night on the Esplanade, had an hours chat, he was a scary bloke, he does close protection work. Couldnt stop my brain singing a Whitney song from the Bodyguard all the time I was talking to him...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-06-2018)

Nearly caused a war on a tour bus, everyone was getting miffed off with some Chinese students making so much noise we couldn't hear the commentary, I told them to shut up in Mandarin... Studied under a Lau Gar kung fu master for many years, you soon learn a few things when they start yelling at you. Believe me I know all the rude words in that . language. Bless them they did go quiet from then on when the guide was speaking.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (06-06-2018), Pantherboy (04-06-2018), Perdita (04-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Nearly caused a war on a tour bus, everyone was getting miffed off with some Chinese students making so much noise we couldn't hear the commentary, I told them to shut up in Mandarin... Studied under a Lau Gar kung fu master for many years, you soon learn a few things when they start yelling at you. Believe me I know all the rude words in that . language. Bless them they did go quiet from then on when the guide was speaking.
    Old Chinese proverb says " It is better for a man to go without food and alcohol for three days than without tea. " Kinda start to lose faith in a nation who take that on board .

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (06-06-2018), Perdita (06-06-2018), Splashy (07-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Old Chinese proverb says " It is better for a man to go without food and alcohol for three days than without tea. " Kinda start to lose faith in a nation who take that on board .
    Man can go without food for three days but no alcohol or tea the next morning ?????

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (06-06-2018), Pantherboy (06-06-2018), Splashy (07-06-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Man can go without food for three days but no alcohol or tea the next morning ?????
    You've got us all well sussed Perdy.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-06-2018), Splashy (07-06-2018)

you lot

It must be a Wednesday I never could grasp what Wednesdays are about nor spell it for most of my life.

Second letting agent came round today and agreed there is a noise in the lounge from next doors fish tank... yawn.. they where hoping I would go away, but the hint that my next move is to get en environmental health inspector in suddenly made the land lady pick up her phone to the agents.

Being a land lord my self I was able to quote the laws that were being broken, mostly because I rang my letting agent who told me what to say in my letter. Thank you Adrian.

Gas boiler thing is doing strange noises and flashing stuff, cant read the dial so no idea if its about to blow, threw a tea towel over it and went to bed.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (07-06-2018), Perdita (07-06-2018)

Took out contents insurance today."No AVIVA i dont live in an area at risk of flooding" .. 15 minutes later I get a robot call from the environment agency on my new land line telling me as I live in area in danger of flooding I will get an automatic call from them to warn me.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-06-2018), Perdita (09-06-2018)

Two blissful hours on the ferry (hour each way) to have a pub lunch with the family...

Wow those water scooters are annoying, just hoons on a high powered water bikes tying to jump the wake of the ferry, total tools.

They are untrained, unlicensed cretins.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-06-2018), Pantherboy (10-06-2018)

Thread Information