Page 243 of 404 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    I passed my exam, I am now on the BACP register
    Very well done, congrats

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-03-2016), moonstorm (30-03-2016)

Well done Moonie!!!!
    Super Mod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (30-03-2016)

Yes, very well done, Moonie.

Will you be doing a naked dance to celebrate?
    Last edited by parkerman; 31-03-2016 at 21:27.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-03-2016), moonstorm (31-03-2016)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes, very well done, Moonie.

Will you be doing a naked dance to celebrate?

Dance already done AND as I am in the UK at the moment, it might just make News at Ten
    Last edited by moonstorm; 31-03-2016 at 22:03.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

parkerman (31-03-2016), Perdita (01-04-2016), Siobhan (01-04-2016)

Well done x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (01-04-2016)

Never been so annoyed at a teacher in my life. Had a meeting with my daughter's teacher, he requested it.. I had no clue why as her grades are fantastic and for a girl who had no German when we came here, is now top of her class in most subjects (we are here only 4 years).. He said it was her lack of interest in class that prompted the meeting. Well my daughter is 14 and most kids that age are not interested in anything to do with school. He then went on to explain that Charley (my daughter) didn't fit in cause she had totally different interests to the rest of the kids that are too mature for them. That's not her fault!!! She reads a lot and is interested in a lot of music that is not current (at the moment she has discovered the Beatles and the Doors). When she participates in the class, he said, it is too advanced for the other kids. So basically her idea are passed over or her choice for something is ignored cause the class doesn't know what it is about. There is only one other kid in the class who is been treated the same and he is 15. (the rest are 12 / 13 as she had to go back a year to learn German).

My child has to dumb down to fit in and be into "current" music is basically what he said. He also said he expects more from her than the rest of the class cause he can see her potential which is fair enough but it does put more pressure on a child and they are bound then to rebel. The meeting ended abruptly when I didn't agree with him.. not sure he is going to ever call me back for a meeting again
    Super Mod

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-04-2016), Perdita (16-04-2016)

He sounds like an idiot and I admire you for keeping your cool, Siobhan. Perhaps Charley should be moved up a year or two, especially since she's been previously held back. They should be encouraging her forge ahead not expecting her to dumb down for goodness sake!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    He sounds like an idiot and I admire you for keeping your cool, Siobhan. Perhaps Charley should be moved up a year or two, especially since she's been previously held back. They should be encouraging her forge ahead not expecting her to dumb down for goodness sake!
    That's one of the problems.. her grades in Maths is not great.. if she skipped she would really struggle.
    Super Mod

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That's one of the problems.. her grades in Maths is not great.. if she skipped she would really struggle.
    Super Mod

Good for you that you stuck up for your daughter. My kids love Elvis and motown because i play them a lot. Its never held them back or been a topic or issue. Crazy school.
    I had something similar recently. My son who is 16 and a high achiever e.g he got 98% in maths A level at the age of 15. He is doing 3 maths A levels and Geography A level and is one of the top students in the school. He always gets the score 4 for behaviour which is the outstanding mark.
    Anyway they have a homework diary that all parents are supposed to sign weekly. However all kids do not get their parents to sign and sign it themselves. What Adil did was sign it when the teacher was watching. He was accused of forging out signature. He said he had not forged the teachers signature but has always done his own signature. They immediately gave him detention as he said that their procedures were unecessary. At 16 he can join the army and doe for his country but at 16 he has to get mummy or daddy to sign a homework. He always does his homework and has refused going on holiday 3 times so far because of exams. I went to a holiday with my girls for a week in the countryside last week . He stayed behind and spent most of hos time in the library. Anyway they rang my husband to say he had been given detention and why. My husband could not stop laughing. Then they tried to get us to agree tosend him to a six week behaviour management class. We said get stuffed. What a joke!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (18-04-2016)

Thread Information