Page 393 of 404 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

why are the french so rude, in paris meeting arrogant aholes

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    why are the french so rude, in paris meeting arrogant aholes
    If you speak to them first in French, even just saying Hello, they are more responsive. I thought my kids how to say "Excuse me, do you speak English(german)" and we had a great time with them
    Super Mod

What to apologise for my lack of interaction on the board of the past few months. I started a new job at the beginning of May and have been finding my feet. At the end of May my sister died and due to some long waiting list in the hospital they didn't release her body until the end of June. Her funeral as on June 28th, which I couldn't attend as it was 2 days before my bday and I had plans with my children. It was suppose to be live streamed but that failed and I only got to see the recording last Friday. This was the 1st death in my immediate family and I had a really hard time coping with it and still have but it is getting better.
    Super Mod

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-07-2019), Pantherboy (13-07-2019), tammyy2j (11-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    What to apologise for my lack of interaction on the board of the past few months. I started a new job at the beginning of May and have been finding my feet. At the end of May my sister died and due to some long waiting list in the hospital they didn't release her body until the end of June. Her funeral as on June 28th, which I couldn't attend as it was 2 days before my bday and I had plans with my children. It was suppose to be live streamed but that failed and I only got to see the recording last Friday. This was the 1st death in my immediate family and I had a really hard time coping with it and still have but it is getting better.
    I am very sorry to hear about your sister, sending virtual hug. Always hard to lose a loved one, especially at a young age Glad you are slowly getting better, take one day at a time, I am not sure time is a healer but things get easier for sure. xxx
    I hope you like your new job, in a way it might help to take your mind off things for a while. Good luck with it

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-07-2019), Pantherboy (13-07-2019), Siobhan (12-07-2019), tammyy2j (11-09-2019)

thank you

Job is great. I am learning a lot so very distracted. My collegues are great too and Boss is quiet geeky so it's great to have someone to talk tech with.
    Super Mod

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (11-09-2019)

Phoned a landscape gardening company a week ago to ask the to give me a quote for trimming the hedges, so after a quick chat they said 'Yes ok we'll see you on Friday at 2pm. I eagerly awaited their arrival ( having done chores and shopping early). 2pm came and went, I rang them and left message, no return call, so in the end I wrote an e mail asking them what had happend. Result I am not happy!! talk about service with a smile???? ( there isn't one). On a happier note my family ancestory project is really coming along at the local library, (a local family history group meets there once a month ) I am doing my Dad's side, can't wait to discover more about where they lived and worked.
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 13-07-2019 at 12:04.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrocanthus For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (13-07-2019), Perdita (13-07-2019), Siobhan (16-07-2019), tammyy2j (11-09-2019)

So sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you are coping better now with everything that has happened. Keep your chin up! Good luck with the new job.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (13-07-2019), Siobhan (16-07-2019)

I was the same way last year, my my Mum was diagnosed with Dementia in 2011 and died last year aged 85. The months that followed were hard for me, I evetually decided to get bereavement counselling and it has helped me so much. My sincere condolences Pantherboy.

im sorry take care

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (16-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    Some jet over head now, very loud ...

Tried to watch it from Clshot a while back, it was chuckig it down and foggy

All aboard the red funnel for me this time, the west cowes prom gets crazy packed
    all very quite in here, how's things splashy, how's everyone? anyone any good exciting news?

Thread Information