Page 335 of 404 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    On Friday my friend had a hysterectomy because of cervical cancer. On the other side of the same hospital her husband was having chemotherapy for bowel cancer. Their children are young adults.
    The 20 year old daughter was with mum and 21 year old son with dad all that day. The son was panicking as the chemotherapy time got changed 4 times on the same day. Friends are now rallying round so things should be easier
    thinking of you and your friends and hope for a good outcome

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (01-05-2017), Pantherboy (01-05-2017)

Thank you

my neighbour had to get her dog put down as it bite someone again she is very upset and im trying to help her by getting​ her out more i was going to suggest her getting a small puppy or is it too soon, she lives alone

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    my neighbour had to get her dog put down as it bite someone again she is very upset and im trying to help her by getting​ her out more i was going to suggest her getting a small puppy or is it too soon, she lives alone
    Ask her how she would feel about another dog and if she is ready, get her to adopt a rescue puppy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-05-2017), lizann (05-05-2017)

Thats sad. When i was a kid i got bit badly by a dog and it got put down. I did not want it to, i just found out afterwards. I do not think i was the first he attacked. He was a very clever dog and knew how to open the front door. He saw me running between two alleyways in Manchester and chased me and then staring attacking and biting me. It was extremely scary. It has taken me years to get close to dogs. I literately used to break into a cold sweat and freeze on the spot sometimes depending on the dog. My friend has a very friendly dog and he has helped me greatly. Now i find myself wanting a dog.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-05-2017), lizann (04-05-2017), Pantherboy (05-05-2017), Perdita (05-05-2017)

Thats sad. When i was a kid i got bit badly by a dog and it got put down. I did not want it to, i just found out afterwards. I do not think i was the first he attacked. He was a very clever dog and knew how to open the front door. He saw me running between two alleyways in Manchester and chased me and then staring attacking and biting me. It was extremely scary. It has taken me years to get close to dogs. I literately used to break into a cold sweat and freeze on the spot sometimes depending on the dog. My friend has a very friendly dog and he has helped me greatly. Now i find myself wanting a dog.
    That must have been terrifying for you. I was bitten by my uncle's farm dog when I was about 6 or 7, first day of school holidays, was meant to stay there for 3 weeks. I was running from outside exploring into the farm and dog chased me, got me just as I got into the door. Had my holiday there though after getting medical treatment. Never put me off dogs though

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-05-2017), Pantherboy (05-05-2017), swmc66 (05-05-2017)

I was attacked by a dog as a child, luckily not bitten but to this day I am terrified of dogs, especially if they bark. My friend has an amazing dog, extremely well trained but I still would not get one. I will stick to cats as I am not so scared of them. I am always afraid with dogs that they will turn on you. My family always had a dog and they were great but I still have this complete fear of them.
    Super Mod

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-05-2017), swmc66 (07-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I was attacked by a dog as a child, luckily not bitten but to this day I am terrified of dogs, especially if they bark. My friend has an amazing dog, extremely well trained but I still would not get one. I will stick to cats as I am not so scared of them. I am always afraid with dogs that they will turn on you. My family always had a dog and they were great but I still have this complete fear of them.
    You could probably do with a session with Nik and Eva Speakman of This Morning fame .. they seem to work wonders with all kinds of problems that people have .. I am an extreme arachnaphobia .. luckily, I have had only 2 encounters with spiders in 4 years here and they were small ones, so not too bad an issue .. I don't seem to have a problem with creatures that have no more than 4 legs

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (07-05-2017), swmc66 (07-05-2017)

Has anyone returned items bought through Amazon but from a seller? I got this dress, which looked beautiful in the picture, but in reality it was horribly made and looked like it was attacked by a 2 year old. Anyway clicked on return and got an email from the user stating this:

We want to do 3 € discount for you, would it be possible not to return the items?

Had no clue what it meant and when I asked for clarification, I got same reply. So I said, I want to return it and get my money back. Printed of the label Amazon provide and went to post office who said it would cost €18 to ship.. the dress was only €9. I always thought returns were free if it was clothes or damaged goods.
    Super Mod

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-05-2017)

Yes Siobhan, also an item of clothing, different size dispatched against that ordered. There is an appeal procedure through Amazon , who will arbitrate with the seller if there are problems. Tell them of your concerns ,also the cost of return postage ,relative to goods of inferior quality sent. Do everything through Amazon ,sellers don't like to have trouble with them. If approved use recorded delivery.
    Last edited by Glen1; 12-05-2017 at 19:48.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Katy (15-05-2017), Siobhan (12-05-2017)

Thread Information