Page 204 of 404 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    That's so sad, Dazzle. I am a great cat lover myself. I've had a total of seven cats in my life - still have two. It's just awful when they die or are put to sleep. I've always wished cats could live as long as us. 13 or 14 years is just such short life. It's good to hear that Simba didn't suffer.
    Thanks.

It never gets easier to lose a beloved pet. I agree about their lifespan - it feels like they're only with us for such a brief time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (17-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Thanks. Simba didn't suffer.

That's funny about your dog and bossy boots cat!
    Odd thing is she (mo) didn't start hanging out with dog (Maggie) until sadly her brother was put to sleep last year? In the last 9 months she has managed to train the dog more successfully than I have!!??

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015), maidmarian (17-03-2015)

Sorry to hear that Dazzle. Hope you are ok

6. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm feeling really upset today because my beloved cat, Simba, has been put to sleep. He was about 13 years old (I adopted him as an adult cat so not exactly sure of his age) and had been suffering from heart failure for a few months. I'll miss him.

Some photos if anyone's interested:-

Annoyed at having his picture taken:

Chilling:

Snuggled with my dog, Kite:

RIP

(I'm seeing my daughter and granddaughter in a bit so that'll cheer me up.)
    So very sorry to hear that, it is heartbreaking to lose a pet but you gave him a good and safe life and he will have appreciated that and you can hopefully get some comfort from that xxxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015)

Sorry to hear your sad news Dazzle. Hope you're alright, those photos of Simba are lovely.
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 18-03-2015 at 08:24.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015)

Very sorry Dazzle to hear about your sad news, it is heartbreaking when one of the animals die. xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    Odd thing is she (mo) didn't start hanging out with dog (Maggie) until sadly her brother was put to sleep last year? In the last 9 months she has managed to train the dog more successfully than I have!!??
    One thing you can say about cats is that they're never predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Dazzle. Hope you are ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    So very sorry to hear that, it is heartbreaking to lose a pet but you gave him a good and safe life and he will have appreciated that and you can hopefully get some comfort from that xxxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    Sorry to hear your sad news Dazzle. Hope you're alright, those photos of Simba are lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Very sorry Dazzle to hear about your sad news, it is heartbreaking when one of the animals die. xx
    Thanks you all for your condolences. I'm feeling a bit better today, due in no small part to you lovely people (including the people I posted replies to yesterday).
    Last edited by Dazzle; 18-03-2015 at 17:15.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (18-03-2015), sarah c (18-03-2015), swmc66 (19-03-2015)

Up early to go and see my mum. Not been able to see her for two weekends as helping my daughter with job applications for teacher posts She was hopefully qualify to be a teacher this summer. She has a job interview tomorrow so preparing her this afternoon. Then got to help my friends daughter do her application for a job in law later. I hate job applications!
    My daughter lacks confidence. I am worried that even if she gets offered a job they may reject for her long term conditions. Even though she has medical conditions she only had one day off in a year when she was working. She loves children and has a passion for teaching. When she comes home and talks about the kids in school she has so much love and care for them. This PGCE has been tough but she has managed it. They gave her a school placement 2 hours away and she comes home exhausted and still has to prepare for the next day.

Up early to go and see my mum. Not been able to see her for two weekends as helping my daughter with job applications for teacher posts She was hopefully qualify to be a teacher this summer. She has a job interview tomorrow so preparing her this afternoon. Then got to help my friends daughter do her application for a job in law later. I hate job applications!
    My daughter lacks confidence. I am worried that even if she gets offered a job they may reject for her long term conditions. Even though she has medical conditions she only had one day off in a year when she was working. She loves children and has a passion for teaching. When she comes home and talks about the kids in school she has so much love and care for them. This PGCE has been tough but she has managed it. They gave her a school placement 2 hours away and she comes home exhausted and still has to prepare for the next day.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-03-2015), maidmarian (22-03-2015), Perdita (22-03-2015)

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed she gets the job!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-03-2015), swmc66 (22-03-2015)

Thread Information