Page 102 of 404 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Abigail from one mug who's been there, wrote the book, wears the t-shirt ect. Give this guy a wide-bearth. If he's texting or phoning another girl and thinking about having sex with her casual or not he's a sh1t cut your losses and blame sleeping with him on the beer goggles but don't fall for his charms again. If he tries it on with you tell him you're not going to be anyones bit on the side. Your worth more than that.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2011), Siobhan (06-03-2011), Trinity (05-03-2011)

O hate to be the devil on the shoulder, actually... I won't be, I will tell you to please not make the mistake that I'm making now, because I feel nothing but hurt everytime I hear Phil talk about other girls he "would ride"... yes... that's right, purely because even though we agreed that what we're doing is fine for the both of us, deep down he knows how I feel... and I bet Rob knows deep down how you feel too, do you think he could be doing it to make you jealous??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    He told me he met her the week before on a night out. She's 18 and has to ask her parents first before they can go on a date... Yes, you did read that right. I asked him what he wanted to happen with her and he said nothing long term, maybe 6 months to a year at the most. Have lots of sex and see what happens.

I actually haven't figured out what he thinks of me. I don't know how to bring it up without making things awkward. I did send a drunken email to him the other night which he hasn't acknowledged so I don't know if he's read it or not. I said something like "I've been having dreams about you" which probably freaked him out!
    Abigail, no. Just no.

I was prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until I read this.

If you are content to be someone he sleeps with while he waits for someone else then you are seriously undervaluing yourself. I know that the term for this is **** buddies - and if you are both happy with that then I suppose that it would be okay. But you are not happy with that, you know that you are never going to be happy with that so I have to echo the comments above.

Get out of there before you get seriously hurt.

I too have T shirts from way back when before I met my husband, and I have to say this. The difference when you meet the right person is huge. You can be yourself, you feel happy without worrying about it, you can trust your partner totally, you know that they would never hurt you deliberately - there is a peace there as well as a passion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2011)

TMA 05 results in .... 80%.

I know that it is a good score, but I am disappointed. This course has a pass mark of 40% and then there is a distinction at 85%, nothing in between. It looks like I am heading for an average of 82%, so near and yet so far...

At least it doesn't count towards my final degree. Roll on second year and Art and its Histories.

Well done, Trinity, even if you are a bit disappointed, it is still a very good achievement and you can be proud of yourself

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Trinity (05-03-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    He told me he met her the week before on a night out. She's 18 and has to ask her parents first before they can go on a date... Yes, you did read that right. I asked him what he wanted to happen with her and he said nothing long term, maybe 6 months to a year at the most. Have lots of sex and see what happens.

I actually haven't figured out what he thinks of me. I don't know how to bring it up without making things awkward. I did send a drunken email to him the other night which he hasn't acknowledged so I don't know if he's read it or not. I said something like "I've been having dreams about you" which probably freaked him out!
    Hi Abigail. I don't normally like to butt into threads like this, but can I say, speaking as a man myself, your Rob sounds like a pure unadulterated **** (sorry about the language!!!). If he truly wanted to be with you why on earth would he wnt to spend "six months to a year" having sex with another girl? When he says "Have sex and see what happens", what does he mean? Six months to a year of sex is plenty of time for the other girl to become pregnant for example. And even if she doesn't (let's assume they're careful) supposing the something that happens is that he decides he enjoys it and wants to carry on? And what about this other girl, I presume she knows nothing about you; it doesn't seem very fair to her either, to be led on like this. Or maybe she does know about you and he's told her the same story about you.

Take it from a man, Abigail, he's only after one thing with you as he is with the other girl and he's laughing all the way to the bedroom. I can understand if you have deep feelings for him that it will be difficult for you to end the relationship, but really it's not going anywhere and it will end sooner or later anyway. Better to do it on your terms and not wait till he walks out on you for his next "six months to a year" experiment.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Abigail (09-03-2011), Siobhan (06-03-2011), Trinity (10-03-2011)

Thanks Perdy, I know - that is exactly what I would tell someone else

I guess I am a bit harder on myself!

This course is all history, art, music, philosophy, classics and English lit - it is quite different to anything I have ever done before, my first degree was in Biochemistry and I have worked in accounting and finance for a large portion of my working life. When I move on to the second year in October it will be purely history of art which is my main interest, but I don't think that I can put anymore effort than I am already.

Aw Trinity it must be hard to be so close to that distinction. I put too much pressure on myself too. I find I do better in the modules I'm really interested in so hopefully you can get that distinction next year.

I have an anomaly in my results. First in individual essay and third for group assignment for the same module. Overall 2.2. How I wish we were allowed to ask for someone to review the marking, from what I've heard this guy's given out nothing but thirds. Got firsts in the rest of my modules for last term, so shocked with accounting as I scraped 2.1's in 2 class tests worth 25%. By some miracle I'm averaging a first despite the anomaly as I got over 80% in 4 modules.

Non-results wise it's not going so well. My flatmate stole my food on three occasions and said some nasty things to other flatmates, so I didn't think twice about telling the residence tutor that he was responsible for some damage. He's not impressed at having to pay the fine by himself. I certainly wasn't paying for something I saw him do. It seems to have started a war; yesterday he took to banging on my door for a laugh at 2am. (I was asleep)

3pm start today but I pay for it with the 7pm finish and 9ams tomorrow and Thursday.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Trinity (10-03-2011)

Finally got everything sorted at work.. I will finish in Ireland on the 29th July (flying to Germany on the 31st) and they will let me work over there until 21st October (that is when tax law will kick in).. it took them 2 months to decide this.. It was not rocket science.. Now all I have to do is learn German and find work
    Super Mod

oh Shiv it's finally happening how you feeling about uping sticks.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information