Page 95 of 404 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

right.. going to have a big rant so bear with me.

1st off, not worth going on holidays in this place as you come back to 3 times the amount of work then when you left cause nobody can access your emails to actually back you up.. I got like 500 emails in the space of 2 days (I was checking my emails when I was away in German so had cleared out most of them before I came back to work). And it just really annoys me that even when I left contacts for people to get in touch with, they all just waited until I got back

2nd, went to see a career path adviser yesterday as I wanted to see what my option were with moving this job to Germany when I go live there.. I am sorry now I went.. She completed changed my career choice and has enrolled me in a lot of course that she wants me to complete by end of this month which is impossible. She also told me to look for a job now in Germany even though I am covering maternity leave here til September and basically told me to screw this job. I love this job, I love the people I work with and it just seems to me that in the bigger picture of this company there is no loyalty to people or customers. Everyone is out for themselves

(just to give you a background on this job.. I started this position last year when the exec of the account asked me to come back after I had previously worked with him for 5 years. 3 months later, they asked me to cover as manager when she is away on Maternity leave in September. To me that was a huge honor and I was so happy to do it.. even if only for a year so now you can understand why I am annoyed when I was told to screw this job)

So now, I have to do my own work, do 10 different course, apply for jobs that I don't want at the moment just cause this place is run by power hungry greedy monsters!!

Rant over.. now I shall breath!!
    Super Mod

Hardworking people are just treated like crap nowadays Shiv. The more you do the less your appreciated but it does make you mad. Can't you talk to the manager about your concerns.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Hardworking people are just treated like crap nowadays Shiv. The more you do the less your appreciated but it does make you mad. Can't you talk to the manager about your concerns.
    We just got a new manager but I spoke to the old one and she said that one of the course I was asked to do by end of the month was impossible.. it takes 16 hours (one hour per module) so it would be hard to get 16 hours to do the work (even over a couple of days) due to work load here... I felt like I was just ambushed and pushed into all this...
    Super Mod

Sounds awful Shiv. Are the jobs she wants you to apply for within the same company??

I had to take the day off today, I had two essays due in last Friday, and I got an extension til this Friday but I have been too busy (and stressed) to get much done. Anyway, all completed and submitted so I am back on track with my course. Just reading about Tradition and Dissent in English Christianity now, as a Scottish athiest I am finding it very interesting!

Both my boys are head cases at the moment, but I have managed to ignore it today. The one with exams next week has now been chucked by his girlfriend, and the one who quit uni all of 3 weeks ago has just put an application in for another course in September. I hope that he manages to get out of bed by then.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (13-01-2011)

I had my exam today, and im free for a few days

Got 6 modules this term=S

i had my last exam today to! now celebration time if i didnt have so much work to do for tomorrow,

Hope your exam went well Abbie.

Exams over 4 in 4 days, so tired. I don't start lectures again until the 24th so I've come home for a bit. Had a coursework portfolio in for this week as well. Essay was cutting it fine, another 3 words and I'd be getting a penalty.

Good luck with them all

To everyone doing exams in Uni or wherever... good luck and if they're over and done with, give yourselves a break for a bit and chilllll, because there's no doubt you all deserve it.

Shiv, I completely agree with Kath, the harder you work, the less you're appreciated, it really does get thrown back in your face. I love my job, and the people I work with... most of the time. There's a period of promotions going on at the moment, and even though I've only worked there 4/5 months, it really does anger me to see others that yes, have been there longer than me be put forward for promotion when to be quite honest... they do absolutely nothing, and pass their slack off onto the mugs e.g me, and a few others, and we're not appreciated or recognised for working our bums off, sometimes you just want to tell them where to shove everything you do for them from your good will, just see what you can stick too Shiv, but don't let the courses pressure you, and don;t let a career advisor telll you to jack in your job... especially if you love it x

I'm up at half past 5 in the morning, with a cup of coffee.... wide awake, and I have work at 12. My sleeping pattern is so screwed from working closes this week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirsty :] For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (18-01-2011)

My laptop got fixed today I'd forgotten what my laptop looks like without a crack in it. I also got a new charger too.

Can't think what to do today. I should go in to uni and work on my dissertation but I'm not in the mood. Might just do a bit of background reading on terrorism for tomorrow's lecture.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information