Page 355 of 404 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Well I have had yet another job reject ( the story of my life so far) from a local optician who told me that 'she has accepted ' ( the candidate) the job. I put my whole heart and soul into my 2 interviews, Also I have a feeling she is ageist why? well on my first interview she said 'I normally take on younger people who we can mould and hope will stay with us for a long time but after seeing you I might change my mind' well she didn't!!! I have been looking for work for 2 years since being made redundant. Also I still haven;t had any e mail from Northern Trains about my awful travel trauma, if I get a reply today I shall let everyone know, ( keep your fingers crossed that THEY WILL REPLY TODAY!!! AS ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH!!!)

UPDATE!!! I have at last heard from Northern trains today, they sent an e mail to to me and said they 'appreciated my efforts and that as they put it, 'the case is now closed and is no longer an issue'. What a terrible and traumatic last few weeks I have had, now I can move forward and put this behind me.
    Last edited by pyrocanthus; 15-09-2017 at 19:16.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrocanthus For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-09-2017)

One day the right one will turn up. You are very resilient and should be proud of yourself. Most people would have given up by now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-09-2017), pyrocanthus (10-09-2017)

thank you for your kind words

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrocanthus For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (11-09-2017)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    swmc66 .. if ya lad is registered blind/severely sight impaired like me, he can apply to the local council to registered as such, allowing application for a blue badge he can use in any car he travels in, 1/3 off rail travel costing 20 quid if applied for and that includes anyone he travels with and free bus travel. Being blind sucks, but he must look at the positives and move on up wards.

Went for a walk earlier, fell on my face half way to the shops, tripped on a huge tree root that had forced up the public path some 6 inches, it destroyed my right shoe and bruised all the right hand side of me. Lat there for over ten minutes as it took the wind out of me. I will be having the obstacle removed via the council, my blindness was no excuses as it was bitch black on that corner and anyone could stumble and fall because of it.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-09-2017), Pantherboy (15-09-2017), Perdita (15-09-2017), pyrocanthus (15-09-2017), Rear window (17-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    swmc66 .. if ya lad is registered blind/severely sight impaired like me, he can apply to the local council to registered as such, allowing application for a blue badge he can use in any car he travels in, 1/3 off rail travel costing 20 quid if applied for and that includes anyone he travels with and free bus travel. Being blind sucks, but he must look at the positives and move on up wards.

Went for a walk earlier, fell on my face half way to the shops, tripped on a huge tree root that had forced up the public path some 6 inches, it destroyed my right shoe and bruised all the right hand side of me. Lat there for over ten minutes as it took the wind out of me. I will be having the obstacle removed via the council, my blindness was no excuses as it was bitch black on that corner and anyone could stumble and fall because of it.
    Hope you did not hurt yourself too badly and get better soon. That tree root did not appear over night to force up the path .. should have been sorted a long time ago do prevent just this sort of thing happening

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-09-2017), Pantherboy (15-09-2017), Splashy (15-09-2017)

wow Perd, you where either up very late or very early last night

No im fine, it was my fav shoes that took the hit, will be photographing it later and posting my thoughts on the councils website.. they do have a site that you can do all sorts of moaning about things like parking and paths etc

Fingers crossed I will win the euro lotto of 116 million tonight... if I do I will make sure I treat all my friends on here, cars boats holidays jewellery.. you name it, I will keep you all informed of what I buy myself.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (16-09-2017), Perdita (16-09-2017)

He s not registered as anything right now. Although Assisted Learning Support at the University have him on their radar. When i say disability he does not see that he has a disability. I am trying to get him to apply for additional support under disability. He s not sure about that. Anyway i do not want to push him. It has all been too much for him. I will be taking him to Uni next weekend. I hope everything fits into the car. My middle daughter will be starting her open university law course in October .... but still got depression. Fingers crossed she will be able to complete ths one.
    Just spent a couple of hours at my mums. She is so negative i felt my blood pressure going up. She makes me sound like a bad mum...a failed parent because all 3 of my children have medical conditions. Now thats not my fault. I am doing everything possible to support them. I told my mum that i would not be visiting her for 2 months. Thats because i have to get two through starting university and one through a major operation. I just cant do that and hear my mum voice her thoughts out loud and be extremely hurtful.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Splashy (18-09-2017)

Had a fun day too with my pearants, love them to bits but they stopped being normal humans around the end of last century

Dad did his usual, went to a RNIB event and paid 2 grand on the spot for some high tech glasses that read text into your ear, has facial recognition and other cool stuff,, he then had a three hour lesson on how to use them, but by the time me and sis get to see them he can hardly switch them on or get them to do anything..... .. the man never listens, or hasnt as far as I know since he drew his first cave painting.

Ive spent a few hours reading the manual online, the kit is pretty brilliant for the badly sighted like me, with a flick of your finger for example it will take a picture of a bus coming your way and tell you what number it is. Alas the purpose it was bought to do isnt possible, Dad reads his news papers flat on his desk using a camera that puts it on a monito in front of him, but the glasses need the paper to be held in front of you to read it.... he dosent want to do that and cant see why it thus wont work ...

Swm your boy needs to embrace the disabled identity, one good thing or bad thing is that no one can see your visually impaired unless Shep is walking you or like me you carry a white stick, thou im surprised from what you said of his diagnosis that he isnt automatically been registered at least as sight impaired with his local council.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-09-2017)

He will accept it with time. Thanks

Flipping words are going skewey now on me screen, even at mag 600% Im now missing words when reading and typing.. dam you maculaurs

Land lady came home today in a real strop, shed spent last night under the stars with 20 girl guides after a day of activities, lets just say she didnt get much sleep.. if there was a pub here I could of walked to I would of..alas no busses either on a weekend round here.

Bought a new case for my Edge s7, love my phone so much wanted to make it robust, then realised I didnt even have a screen protector on it so just ordered that.

Also updated my RAID protection on my credit and debit cards as the covers where getting scruffy. I love contact less payment but I dont want any tool scanning my cars while they are in my wallet and taking 30 quid just like that.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-09-2017), Pantherboy (25-09-2017), Perdita (25-09-2017)

Thread Information