Page 124 of 404 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Sorry perhaps I did not make myself clear. I know what goes through people minds when they are in the depths of despair and contemplate suicide. They feel that life is no longer worth living and that no-one cares how they feel. What I meant was that if the person who committs suicide could only see what pain, guilt and heartache they leave behind then they would realise there is another alternative. Believe me there are times when I have been on the verge but for some reason or other did not go through with it thank God. The problem or reason which drove me to it got resolved in the long or short term. Whilst arranging funerals for suicide victims the most common response from thos left behind was WHY??? or If only they had talked we could have sorted it out.
    Okay, I understand what you're saying, and I suppose I'm still trying to respond from the wrong side - the do'ers side - because that's where I have the most experience. I understand where you're coming from but all these counter responses keep popping up, which aren't totally relevant in this conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Thank you for your post Tori, it is a painfully honest insight that we do not usually get. I am glad that you have made it through what must have been hell and I wish you all the best x
    Thank you, Trinity. x

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Okay, I understand what you're saying, and I suppose I'm still trying to respond from the wrong side - the do'ers side - because that's where I have the most experience. I understand where you're coming from but all these counter responses keep popping up, which aren't totally relevant in this conversation!
    Please don't think I am criticising you because that is the last thing in my mind. I know exactly what you have been through. What you describe are classical signs of Depression. I am just so glad that you have come through your dark time and now feel able to talk about it. Suicide really is a very compex issue and there are probably no right or wrong answers.

Very interesting discussion about suicide. I've experienced it from both sides - my father killed himself, and I've felt that way myself. I know that feeling suicidal comes from utter despair, and I've never blamed my father for what he did. My thoughts go out to anyone who's feeling that way at the moment.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-08-2011), Perdita (21-08-2011), Trinity (21-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Please don't think I am criticising you because that is the last thing in my mind. I know exactly what you have been through. What you describe are classical signs of Depression. I am just so glad that you have come through your dark time and now feel able to talk about it. Suicide really is a very compex issue and there are probably no right or wrong answers.
    Don't worry, I know you weren't criticising me!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tori For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-08-2011)

Thank you Tori for your brutially honest post, it has made me question my thoughts on suicide. I have only had experience from the point of view of people left behind. I have always thought that people who commit suicide to be the most selfish people on earth, as to me it looked the easy way out, with the peole left behind having to deal with the fall out of their actions but to have just a small insight as to the pain you were going through has made me stop and rethink. I hope you will be fine in the future. Lots of Love.
    Last edited by moonstorm; 22-08-2011 at 20:03.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Tori (22-08-2011)

Just have to say that I have been in Germany now for just over 3 weeks and I am loving it. House is always clean, kids are really happy, weather is great (so far).. This was probably the best move I have made in regards to me and the kids. Getting out of the city and moving to the country is amazing and the change in everyone is all good (hopefully will last a long time). People here are so nice and friendly and help me with my German. I am more confident everyday to use German which I had never been in the past (I had a lot of German friends at work). Not missing Ireland as much as I thought I would.. Yes there is somethings I really miss, like stuff been open on Sundays and shops not closing half days on Saturdays. I miss been in the office (I am working from home and it can get quite lonely at times). I do miss my family and friends, naturally but in regards to a life change.. this one is definitely for the better!!!

Still haven't found a job for when I am finished this one but I am amazed about how calm I am about it all. If I was in Ireland I probably would be in a panic if I lost my job.. but not here.. think there is something is this air over here
    Super Mod

Wow Shiv, it sounds fantastic where you are, so glad it was a good move for you. Best of luck in the job search. Oh and you get used to the shop hours, it means you get a Saturday afternoon free without having to traipse round the town.

Glad you're enjoying Germany... I can't wait to move back there!

Glad to hear you are happy and have settled in well in Germany. Its always a big step leaving the Oul Sod but the world doesn't stop at the Irish Sea. People have always been one of Irelands greatest exports.

Thread Information