Page 67 of 404 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Would you be able to speak to him about this? Would be best to clear the air, especially if you are not the only one providing him with "his" ideas.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-08-2010)

Wwll Shiv I have two suggestions. 1 Take him into the stationary cupboard and giving him a dam good kicking. or 2 The next time he comes and asks for help be polite and say your a bit busy at the moment. Can he pop you an email on what it is that he is wanting to know. That way when he tries to take all the credit you have the evidence that he is lying. Pass this onto a couple of members of your team so you have more than one piece of evidence but don't let him know what you are up to.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Bit of a problem here at work... There is a guy who comes over and asks questions looking for help , which I don't mind as we all need help occasionally.. but this guy then sends out email to the "higher up" people claiming that all the stuff I have suggested to him was his idea. This has happen on many occasions now and not just with me.. The main thing here is that we can't complain as we have no proof that we gave him the ideas.. (he only ever asks in person not via mail which we can trace) and because he has come up with these great idea, he is the golden boy!
    How do I stop this? He is very sneaky as if I don't tell him, he complains that I am not helping the team and of course "higher up" people blame me... I am so annoyed with him on this particular occasion as I have volunteered my help to his team to get them up to speed.. it is not my job to do this and I am so busy with my own work but I made the time.. Just got a mail now with him taken all the credit.. What can I do?
    Feed him with useless information so that when he passes it upwards as his own he will look like a fool

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-08-2010)

Thanks all.. kathy.. I like your suggestion 1!!

Alan.. like I said this guy is clever.. if I pass him useless information he owns up and says it came from me and I get the blame... it is how he approaches you, asks you a question like he is genuinely looking for help and you make a few suggestion which he passes off as his own.. A damn good kicking is in order.. but failing that, I will make sure in future he sends an email and I will CC someone else on it as he tends just to send to individuals and claim credit
    Super Mod

That sounds like a good solution, Siobhan. You'll have to let us know if it works.

Perdy.. had a quick chat with this guy about his latest "idea" and asked him if he remembered me saying something on this a few days ago.. he said, as he modified what I said a bit (not much believe me) it is his idea as I didn't come up with this "final" suggestion.. I give up.. I am definitely going to ask him to request stuff in an email in future..
    Super Mod

That is fair enough, Siobhan, go for it. He needs to learn the hard way, by the look of things. Kath's idea is the best, no kicking at work, any physical violence has to be outside working hours and the work place, otherwise you will lose the job, not that you really would do it, only feel like doing it, which is understandable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (06-08-2010)

Eeep. Just realised how long it had been since I popped in to say hello! haha. hope everyone is goooood!

xx
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Hi Hollie, missed you, good to see you here again. Hope everthing is ok with you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Hollie-x (06-08-2010)

I've got a job. Its just cleaning for the next couple of weeks while their cleaner is on holiday but the money is ok. It was my first day today, bloody hard work for five hours solid. I've done cleaning before but never in a manual labour environment where men pee on the floor, don't flush the toilet and kick doors open with their feet.

I'm catching up on Home and Away tonight and just resting. Not sure what to do this weekend.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information