Page 161 of 404 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

What a perfect day Parkerman, sounds fantastic! x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I had such a good day yesterday that I thought I had to share it!

Firstly, it was my grandson Harry's 6th birthday, so we went and helped him celebrate at a small party for family only (his choice). It was wonderful seeing him so happy opening and playing with his new presents and blowing out the candles on his birthday cake etc. etc.

When we got back from that I went down to my theatre (the West Cliff, Clacton-on-Sea - I am chairman of the board of trustees that runs the theatre for those who don't know) where I met Fairport Convention as they arrived to set up and do their sound test. I first saw Fairport back in September 1968 and they instantly became my favourite band (I was very into folk music) and have remained so to this day, so to actually have them at the West Cliff and to get to meet them after being a fan for 45 years...well, you can imagine how I felt!

I then settled down to watch the show with Linda (my wife), also a big fan. It was fantastic, lived up to all my expectations. But even better, during the performance they actually dedicated one of their songs to me as one of their longest standing fans and, unbeknown to me, they had signed a poster for me which they gave me after the show. What an evening!

Awesome, really pleased you had such a great day

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    What a perfect day Parkerman, sounds fantastic! x
    All that was missing was your famous naked dance, moonstorm.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (03-03-2013), Perdita (03-03-2013)

I had such a good day yesterday that I thought I had to share it!

Firstly, it was my grandson Harry's 6th birthday, so we went and helped him celebrate at a small party for family only (his choice). It was wonderful seeing him so happy opening and playing with his new presents and blowing out the candles on his birthday cake etc. etc.

When we got back from that I went down to my theatre (the West Cliff, Clacton-on-Sea - I am chairman of the board of trustees that runs the theatre for those who don't know) where I met Fairport Convention as they arrived to set up and do their sound test. I first saw Fairport back in September 1968 and they instantly became my favourite band (I was very into folk music) and have remained so to this day, so to actually have them at the West Cliff and to get to meet them after being a fan for 45 years...well, you can imagine how I felt!

I then settled down to watch the show with Linda (my wife), also a big fan. It was fantastic, lived up to all my expectations. But even better, during the performance they actually dedicated one of their songs to me as one of their longest standing fans and, unbeknown to me, they had signed a poster for me which they gave me after the show. What an evening!
    It sounds like an amazing day. I didn't know you were chairman of the theatre - it must be a great job

ETA: Don't kids grow up fast! I remember you announcing Harry's birth six years ago. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel old! My niece will be 9 in August - I can't believe how fast she's grown up. I can't wait for her teenage years,
    Last edited by Abigail; 03-03-2013 at 11:51.
    Thanks CrazyLea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    It sounds like an amazing day. I didn't know you were chairman of the theatre - it must be a great job
    It is. I love it! As if last night wasn't enough, tonight we have The Tremeloes, Herman's Hermits, Union Gap and The Ivy League in "The Sensational 60s". We have almost sold out. Just a handful of tickets left and I'm sure they'll go tonight. Then on Tuesday we have Rich Hall. If you're ever in Clacton.....

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Don't kids grow up fast! I remember you announcing Harry's birth six years ago. I don't know about you, but that makes me feel old! My niece will be 9 in August - I can't believe how fast she's grown up. I can't wait for her teenage years,
    You're right there. I'm sure he was only born last week! Can't wait for her teenage years!? Are you a masochist or something?

All that was missing was your famous naked dance, moonstorm.....
    Oh dear oh dear, I ain't gonna live that one down any time soon!

Any one know how long it should take for a p45 to arrive, my ex employers still not sent it and said it will be a further two weeks. Considering I finished on the 11th feb surely they should have it for me by now. Just proving once again they are a shambles of an organisation.

It's really annoying me, got a job centre again later. Hoping it won't stop me signing in as I really am broke!!

Any one know how long it should take for a p45 to arrive, my ex employers still not sent it and said it will be a further two weeks. Considering I finished on the 11th feb surely they should have it for me by now. Just proving once again they are a shambles of an organisation.

It's really annoying me, got a job centre again later. Hoping it won't stop me signing in as I really am broke!!

not sure in UK Katy but it took me a month to get mine cause it was to do with the payroll been every month
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post

An employer can issue it at any time, it's all done online then you get the copy printed out. It just depends when the employer wants to put the information in, print it out and post it. I work for a small business so I guess it's easier for our accountant to do it quickly than if we had 100 employees.

Another two weeks sounds a bit excessive. Ring them up every day, twice a day, and you'll get it within a week.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information