Page 166 of 404 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

The weather has been rather glorious of late. I got some formation flying done last week which was wonderful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tango_victor For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-05-2013)

That sounds great.

I am going laptop shopping, finding a job is impossible with no computer and I'm getting sick of trying to type on the iPad, will b e broke but I think it's an essential.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-05-2013)

That sounds great.

I am going laptop shopping, finding a job is impossible with no computer and I'm getting sick of trying to type on the iPad, will b e broke but I think it's an essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    That sounds great.

Good luck Katy - definitely an essential.

Warning to all: Do not get the last train home. It will be delayed and the next day after 4 and a half hours sleep is NOT fun.

Sure was, Katy. I got some nice pics and a video as well. Only down side was when I got home I heard a certain woman I've had my eye on for a while has started seeing someone.

Good luck laptop shopping. I'm also looking for work while studying criminology. It's a real nightmare job hunting! Even retail work seems difficult to get these days!!

Sure was, Katy. I got some nice pics and a video as well. Only down side was when I got home I heard a certain woman I've had my eye on for a while has started seeing someone.

Good luck laptop shopping. I'm also looking for work while studying criminology. It's a real nightmare job hunting! Even retail work seems difficult to get these days!!

got a sony vaio its very smart! I love it

It is a nightmare trying to get a job, im getting really down at the moment, cause I am doing so many applications and just nothing is coming from them.

got a sony vaio its very smart! I love it

It is a nightmare trying to get a job, im getting really down at the moment, cause I am doing so many applications and just nothing is coming from them.

Sounds nice

I understand and echo your frustration. It's an incredibly sad state of affairs regarding to jobs in recent years. I guess all you can do is continue to apply and eventually you'll persevere. Maybe upload your CV to CV Library, I use that site and it seems quite good. Also GumTree is worth a look if you want something to tie you over until you can really find something to settle in to.

If possible, maybe try sending your applications to a friend/family member to look over before you send them. Sometimes we don't see mistakes in our own work no matter how long we spend checking it, so that might be worth a go if you haven't already. Also, spending longer on fewer applications is recommended in the current climate; with unemployment where it is, employers focus on picking the very best applications to take to interview, as they have more than enough suitable candidates to shortlist from.

Good luck
    Last edited by Kim; 09-05-2013 at 18:28.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-05-2013)

Thread Information