Page 350 of 404 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    I never want to go blue if it means I become a Tory boy nor Red come to think of it

Maybe Orange, then theres a chance Mrs May will pay me a billion to back her, I never did believe in dinosaurs anyway, nor that the world is round and isnt held up by a giant man called Atlas. His arms must really ache by now.

Glad the weekends over, to say there is no good TV on is an understatement, how many times can anyone watch Harry Potter without mounting a quest to hunt down the TV scheduler and make him watch back to back episodes of Country File on a loop before he screams for mercy and promises never to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    I never want to go blue if it means I become a Tory boy nor Red come to think of it

Maybe Orange, then theres a chance Mrs May will pay me a billion to back her, I never did believe in dinosaurs anyway, nor that the world is round and isnt held up by a giant man called Atlas. His arms must really ache by now.

Glad the weekends over, to say there is no good TV on is an understatement, how many times can anyone watch Harry Potter without mounting a quest to hunt down the TV scheduler and make him watch back to back episodes of Country File on a loop before he screams for mercy and promises never to do it again.
    aww Splashy .. can never watch too much Harry Potter ... seen all films lots of times but still watch every time it is back on our screens

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (13-08-2017), Splashy (07-08-2017)

Land Lady loves Potter she wants to go back to Potter world again soon, strangely Im busy that day

Has someone cancelled summer? I wouldnt mind but I cant shoo land lady into the garden while its chucking it down with wet stuff.

Being forced to go to Winchester today by bus... cant stand the place, full of toffy nosed southern Englanders with for life bags from Waitrose, the only good thing there is loafs of Pubs close together making a pub crawl ok ish and the booze makes you forget you are in Winchester.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-08-2017), Perdita (09-08-2017)

They are not as good as the books though. The thing is the Harry Potter place comes up with new things each year. I have been three times taking family friends from Manchester. I never get bored of it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-08-2017), Perdita (09-08-2017), Splashy (10-08-2017)

Because of me poor peepers I dont read books now, it was the same with a lot of books made into films, for example in Lord of The rings Gandalf was originally a cross dressing lady boy from Birmingham with a edepus complex, but they sanitised it for the film.

I must say the film I cant stop myself re watching when ever its on TV is Conan the Barbarian with mr Arrnie in it.

Today I found I ideal flat to rent in Cowes, its a penthouse with views of the entire Solent waters, all I have to do now is work out how to pay £4000 per month.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-08-2017), Perdita (10-08-2017), swmc66 (10-08-2017)

Going to watch the Persian meteors do their thing tonight, those zippu little shooting stars .

Once in a pub garden this lovely lady asked me what I was looking for in the sky, I said shooting stars. she stood next to me for a good ten minutes in silent companionship, then said "well I have been looking at that star now for ages its not moved let alone shot across the sky" I didnt have the heart to explain it to her.

Giving up now trying to explain to people why Trump will have his war as he needs it to stop whats happening yo him at home politically and legally. I mean it comes to something when a country like China who delight in marching all their men and weapons around a square once a year as a sabre rattling performance tells Trump "to calm it down son"
    Last edited by Splashy; 12-08-2017 at 20:30.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-08-2017), Perdita (12-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    aww Splashy .. can never watch too much Harry Potter ... seen all films lots of times but still watch every time it is back on our screens
    Harry Potter movies is probably the one thing our whole family agrees on. Once it comes on TV or one of us slips in the DVD, we all gather to watch it. Have seen them so many times and never tire of them.
    Super Mod

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Splashy (13-08-2017)

Couldnt see the meteors, the 100 foot tall trees at the bottom of the garden blocked the view..couldnt assed to walk way down the road to see so went to bed. There be back next year.

Now off online to see in how much poo we are in, they wouldnt listen, they said no one would care or look, now some is asking questions about power of attourney for a relative in care, but its ok Im told because the person asking is very nice.. Im sure nice policemen still happily give you a court date. Alas I expect again I will unable to convince them how dangerous the situation is legally.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-08-2017), Glen1 (14-08-2017), Pantherboy (16-08-2017), Perdita (13-08-2017)

I managed to see one shooting star last night during a relatively short half hour of stargazing.

I watch out for them every year (if the sky's clear) and have seen many over the years (including an amazing meteor storm as a child). I'm living in the middle of a city now so wasn't expecting much due to light pollution, so I was very pleased to see one lonely meteor streak across the sky.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-08-2017), Pantherboy (16-08-2017), Perdita (13-08-2017), Siobhan (14-08-2017), Splashy (13-08-2017)

I am always too scared to look up when i hear that this is happening . I got up early as usual today and my son was sat up and he said he had not slept all night. He has not been able to see at all at night and his day vision has gone worse. I quickly got him to A and E and then got to go to an eye clinic by 8am. They said that he had a piece of metal in his left eye and that he was one of 10% of the population that can easily tear their retina. But for now he is ok as they took the metal out. He is 18 and asked me to get him vitamins, carrots and carrot juice as his froends have been looking up on the internet. Just bought this stuff for him. He was worried he was about to go blind. It was awful. He did not want to tell me as he thinks i have too much already with caring for 4 other family members. Now i am going to try and sleep.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (16-08-2017), Splashy (15-08-2017)

Thread Information