Page 123 of 404 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Sorry Kevin mcGurk RIP
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Sorry Kevin mcGurk RIP
    Sorry to hear about the loss Shiv

I feel really sad when I hear of pointless death. It is so sad, why do some people fell that they can just take life as though it is nothing? I am not religious at all but I really believe that you should treat others as you want to be treated yourself, what has happened to old fashioned morals and knowing what is right and what is wrong?
    Last edited by Trinity; 19-08-2011 at 15:29.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (20-08-2011), Dazzle (20-08-2011), moonstorm (21-08-2011), Perdita (19-08-2011), Siobhan (19-08-2011), Tori (20-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I feel really sad when I hear of pointless death. It is so sad, why do some people fell that they can just take life as though it is nothing? I am not religious at all but I really believe that you should treat others as you want to be treated yourself, what has happened to old fashioned morals and knowing what is right and what is wrong?
    It's not just you, Trinity. I don't know if it's to do with the loss of old fashioned morals though - I'm 21 and still know what's right and wrong! Maybe I'm an exception...

Man it feels like days since I was last on here. I've missed so much. Firstly Congratulations Trin your not mad so you go Girl. Shiv I'm sorry to hear of the death of your old boss. It's always sad when we hear of the death of some we know but it's harder to understand when their death is a result of violence. I've had a bit of a manic week at work, first week back and it's been hectic but I'm sure I will settle into my full-time hours in a couple of weeks. And congratulations to anyone who passed A Levels this week.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Trinity (21-08-2011)

Unfortuneately due to my choice of career I have seen death from all sides. Muder/Manslaughter call it what you will is an appalling way to go but deliberately taking your own life is even worse. I have dealt with dozens of suicides and if those who take their own lives could see the devastation they leave behind then they would never do it. NOTHING is worth takin your own or anothers life for

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Trinity (21-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Unfortuneately due to my choice of career I have seen death from all sides. Muder/Manslaughter call it what you will is an appalling way to go but deliberately taking your own life is even worse. I have dealt with dozens of suicides and if those who take their own lives could see the devastation they leave behind then they would never do it. NOTHING is worth takin your own or anothers life for
    My father was also a policeman, and I am sure that he would agree.

I tend to think that people who commit suicide mainly do so when their mind is unbalanced due to stress or illness. Unless you have a terminal illness I cannot believe that suicide is a rational choice. I cannot imagine feeling so low, so bad that the only way out is to kill myself - it must be torture beyond belief, and maybe we shouldn't judge if we haven't faced those demons ourselves? Some people seem to honestly believe that their families and loved ones would be better off without them, perhaps we should all let our friends and families know how much they mean to us. You never know what is going on in someones head.
    Last edited by Trinity; 21-08-2011 at 07:50. Reason: spelling, mine is awful

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-08-2011), Dazzle (21-08-2011), Perdita (21-08-2011), Siobhan (21-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    My father was also a policeman, and I am sure that he would agree.

I tend to think that people who commit suicide mainly do so when their mind is unbalanced due to stress or illness. Unless you have a terminal illness I cannot believe that suicide is a rational choice. I cannot imagine feeling so low, so bad that the only way out is to kill myself - it must be torture beyond belief, and maybe we shouldn't judge if we haven't faced those demons ourselves? Some people seem to honestly believe that their families and loved ones would be better off without them, perhaps we should all let our friends and families know how much they mean to us. You never know what is going on in someones head.
    I've tried to let these two posts go, but I can't. I'm not meaning to cause a dispute, and I'm sorry if I do. I can understand now what you're saying, Alan - but back then I couldn't. Speaking from the side of the person trying to commit suicide, I think Trinity is pretty right. Suicide is unbelievably difficult, not only in actually doing it correctly but in being in the frame of mind to actually believe that it is best. At my worst, I pushed everyone away from me and made myself unloveable. I honestly believed I was evil to the core and people would be better off without me. Also, it hurts like hell to be alive; like you're actually being tortured. It's not sadness, you don't feel anything apart from pain. It's like (for example) if you break a bone it hurts like hell... well it was like that for me too and all I wanted, along with stopping influencing the world with my badness, was to stop this pain in my body. I honestly, and I'm sure it's like that for many others too. Suicide is a complex topic, and it cannot be understood in one sentence. There are many reasons.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tori For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-08-2011), Dazzle (21-08-2011), moonstorm (22-08-2011), Perdita (21-08-2011), Trinity (21-08-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    I've tried to let these two posts go, but I can't. I'm not meaning to cause a dispute, and I'm sorry if I do. I can understand now what you're saying, Alan - but back then I couldn't. Speaking from the side of the person trying to commit suicide, I think Trinity is pretty right. Suicide is unbelievably difficult, not only in actually doing it correctly but in being in the frame of mind to actually believe that it is best. At my worst, I pushed everyone away from me and made myself unloveable. I honestly believed I was evil to the core and people would be better off without me. Also, it hurts like hell to be alive; like you're actually being tortured. It's not sadness, you don't feel anything apart from pain. It's like (for example) if you break a bone it hurts like hell... well it was like that for me too and all I wanted, along with stopping influencing the world with my badness, was to stop this pain in my body. I honestly, and I'm sure it's like that for many others too. Suicide is a complex topic, and it cannot be understood in one sentence. There are many reasons.

Sorry perhaps I did not make myself clear. I know what goes through people minds when they are in the depths of despair and contemplate suicide. They feel that life is no longer worth living and that no-one cares how they feel. What I meant was that if the person who committs suicide could only see what pain, guilt and heartache they leave behind then they would realise there is another alternative. Believe me there are times when I have been on the verge but for some reason or other did not go through with it thank God. The problem or reason which drove me to it got resolved in the long or short term. Whilst arranging funerals for suicide victims the most common response from thos left behind was WHY??? or If only they had talked we could have sorted it out.

Thank you for your post Tori, it is a painfully honest insight that we do not usually get. I am glad that you have made it through what must have been hell and I wish you all the best x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinity For This Useful Post:

Tori (21-08-2011)

Thread Information