Page 244 of 404 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Good for you that you stuck up for your daughter. My kids love Elvis and motown because i play them a lot. Its never held them back or been a topic or issue. Crazy school.
    I had something similar recently. My son who is 16 and a high achiever e.g he got 98% in maths A level at the age of 15. He is doing 3 maths A levels and Geography A level and is one of the top students in the school. He always gets the score 4 for behaviour which is the outstanding mark.
    Anyway they have a homework diary that all parents are supposed to sign weekly. However all kids do not get their parents to sign and sign it themselves. What Adil did was sign it when the teacher was watching. He was accused of forging out signature. He said he had not forged the teachers signature but has always done his own signature. They immediately gave him detention as he said that their procedures were unecessary. At 16 he can join the army and doe for his country but at 16 he has to get mummy or daddy to sign a homework. He always does his homework and has refused going on holiday 3 times so far because of exams. I went to a holiday with my girls for a week in the countryside last week . He stayed behind and spent most of hos time in the library. Anyway they rang my husband to say he had been given detention and why. My husband could not stop laughing. Then they tried to get us to agree tosend him to a six week behaviour management class. We said get stuffed. What a joke!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-04-2016)

Our signature not the teachers signature sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    That's one of the problems.. her grades in Maths is not great.. if she skipped she would really struggle.
    Could she maybe change school to one that would mentor and encourage rather than critizise? Sounds to me the teachers can´t cope with 2 kids rather more advanced in some subjects. Or would additional tutoring in maths help, assuming she is not getting any already, for her to advance to another class?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Could she maybe change school to one that would mentor and encourage rather than critizise? Sounds to me the teachers can´t cope with 2 kids rather more advanced in some subjects. Or would additional tutoring in maths help, assuming she is not getting any already, for her to advance to another class?
    She is quiet happy where she is so don't want to send her to another school (she has only just gotten use to the schools here after leaving Ireland). Her maths is not bad (she is not failing) but low enough not to be able to move up a class. I am not bothered about her, she will cope.. it was just having to sit and listen to that idiot for a hour that did my head in
    Super Mod

She is quiet happy where she is so don't want to send her to another school (she has only just gotten use to the schools here after leaving Ireland). Her maths is not bad (she is not failing) but low enough not to be able to move up a class. I am not bothered about her, she will cope.. it was just having to sit and listen to that idiot for a hour that did my head in
    Super Mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-04-2016)

Got the flu and was stretched out on my sofa around 2pm my time when I felt the earth move ... appears there was an earthquake of 3.7 magnitude, 5 days before the 5th anniversary of a big earthquake not too far from where I live which caused severe distructions which in places are still to be seen. First time I have ever felt it, a very strange sensation. Luckily, this time no damage from what I have heard so far

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-05-2016), maidmarian (03-05-2016), Siobhan (04-05-2016)

Got the flu and was stretched out on my sofa around 2pm my time when I felt the earth move ... appears there was an earthquake of 3.7 magnitude, 5 days before the 5th anniversary of a big earthquake not too far from where I live which caused severe distructions which in places are still to be seen. First time I have ever felt it, a very strange sensation. Luckily, this time no damage from what I have heard so far
    That's scary...and exciting!

I hope you recover from the flu quickly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Perdita (03-05-2016)

I'm moving in a few weeks and will be downsizing, so I've got a lot of stuff I need to get rid of - plus a decade's worth of clutter! I'm quite enjoying giving stuff away on Freecycle and selling the odd bits that are in decent condition on Gumtree/eBay.

People will take just about anything if it's free, and it's worth the effort to keep things out of landfill. I've even given away old broken electrical garden tools and furniture in need of serious repair!
    Last edited by Dazzle; 15-05-2016 at 14:01.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (15-05-2016), Perdita (15-05-2016), Siobhan (15-05-2016), swmc66 (15-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I'm moving in a few weeks and will be downsizing, so I've got a lot of stuff I need to get rid of - plus a decade's worth of clutter! I'm quite enjoying giving stuff away on Freecycle and selling the odd bits that are in decent condition on Gumtree/eBay.

People will take just about anything if it's free, and it's worth the effort to keep things out out of landfill. I've even given away old broken electrical garden tools and furniture in need of serious repair!
    hope your move goes well!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-05-2016)

dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 15-05-2016 at 14:01.

Thread Information