Page 397 of 404 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4034

Thread: How Was Your Day? VII

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    the anxiety and stress isn't helping my mental health
    Please talk to someone, doctor, friends, family, even posting here can be of help. This is going to go on for a while yet. Take care, Lizann xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-03-2020), Pantherboy (17-03-2020)

thank you all take care it worldwide

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (17-03-2020), Perdita (17-03-2020)

So for my friends in the UK and elsewhere that are hearing and asking about what is happening over here in Spain. This is the reality...

Yes we are in total lock down - quarantine...

What does that mean?

*Well everything is closed apart from pharmacies, supermarkets, petrol stations.

*All bars and restaurants and shops are closed.

*We are not allowed to leave the house unless it's to buy food or an emergency.

*We are not allowed more than 1 person in a car.

*We are only allowed to walk our pets within 50 metres of our house and a just you and your dog or dogs. You cannot be walking with another person .

*We are not allowed to just take a walk or a bike ride to get fresh air.

*All children's outdoor parks are closed as are schools. Beaches are closed.

*In supermarkets you cannot enter unless you are wearing gloves and put sanitiser on. They are provided at the door.

*At the pharmacy tape 2m apart outside door, only one person can enter at a time and only go 1m away from the counter (I actually got my meds passed to me via a huge fishing net, having dropped my prescription in there first. Payment was made via the fishing net too).

*The majority of us have suddenly found ourselves with no work.

*In supermarkets and queues we have to stay in single file with a 2 metre distance between each person.

*Many hospital appointments have been cancelled.

*Medical centres and doctors surgeries are closed except for emergencies.

*There are hefty fines if you do not abide by the rules.

*We have police patrols and the military out and about enforcing these rules.

Even under these conditions we are still able to communicate with each other via the phone or internet. A telephone call or a message can go a long way to show someone they are not alone.

Some of us even communicate support for all the service workers who are currently serving us still; often under extreme conditions.

Such as the hospital and medical staff, those on duty at medical centres and surgeries, the police and the military, the politicians searching for solutions and the researchers testing and working to create a vaccine.

This support is communicated via applause, whistles and the banging together of saucepans or lids, at a designated time each night with people going into their gardens, or onto their balconies or rooftops if they are able to.

So you see it's not all bad.........people are supporting each other as best they can.

Be safe and do what you are asked to do to minimise risk to yourself and others.

YOU may be OK ....what about the person you are standing next to?

If you are healthy and fit ask yourself what can you do to support those in your community who may not be, or indeed are not?

#socialdistancing .........it works to slow down the spread, to #flattenthecurve

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (20-03-2020), Siobhan (20-03-2020)

Cannot post on here keep getting cut out and told i am a new user or first time user. This may not get posted

8. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (26-05-2020)

I have to keep logging in and attempting and going to advanced posts or something. I have been trying to post so many times I gave upon the site.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (26-05-2020), Perdita (23-05-2020), Siobhan (25-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I have to keep logging in and attempting and going to advanced posts or something. I have been trying to post so many times I gave upon the site.
    I thought that this was just happening to me! (& thought maybe it had something to do with me being way over here in Aust!). This has been happening to me for quite some time. It keeps logging me out when I move between posts or forums etc, but most annoyingly when I am in the middle of posting something. Also, sometimes you finish typing & go to post it & it says you are not logged in & hasn't saved what you have typed, so you have to start over again. If you try & save/preview your post as you go along, sometimes it will save it & other times it won't & say you aren't logged in. Sometimes the auto save function saves some of the post & other times it doesn't. A while back, after one of my posts was rejected, I contacted the administrator, as it suggested, but I never received a response. Like you swm66, I am finding this most frustrating, especially when you are in a hurry & want to post something quickly. I have been persisting so far in the hope that things will improve, but I can see why others would eventually want to give up (but I hope that it hasn't turned others off posting).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (26-05-2020)

So far, I have not had those experiences. Hopefully a moderator or Meh, the owner of the site can help to get this fixed for you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (26-05-2020)

Are you logged in on another machine or web Browser?? I found if I was on my phone and went to my laptop, even if I checked keep me logged in, I would sometimes get kicked out until I logged out of both and tried only on one
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Are you logged in on another machine or web Browser?? I found if I was on my phone and went to my laptop, even if I checked keep me logged in, I would sometimes get kicked out until I logged out of both and tried only on one
    Thanks for that suggestion Siobhan. Unfortunately I don’t think that is the problem. I only ever use either my desktop or iPad & I am never logged into or use both at the same time etc. It must be some other technical issue. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 26-05-2020 at 14:27.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (27-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    Thanks for that suggestion Siobhan. Unfortunately I don’t think that is the problem. I only ever use either my desktop or iPad & I am never logged into or use both at the same time etc. It must be some other technical issue. Thanks again.
    Started to experience this same problem about nine months ago. Seems to have increased in frequency imo. This post has taken four attempts.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (28-05-2020), Perdita (28-05-2020), Siobhan (28-05-2020)

Thread Information