Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2009

It was snowing at ten this morning for an hour or so and then stopped, we've had only light snow now, but i managed to fall going to see my gran it hurt a lot I just want the snow to get lost!

Thank you for the amazing banner Lea
    Joe Mcelderry is gorgeous and amazing

Has hardly stopped snowing since yesterday evening. Cleared to path outside the house 3 times so far and it is not going to stop snowing until tomorrow

Ladbrokes has refused to pay out more than £7m to a man who bet on a white Christmas.

The Daily Telegraph says that Cliff Bryant from Southampton placed two £5 accumulators on a white Christmas across 24 towns and cities.

However, Ladbrokes has refused to pay out after claiming that accumulators are banned for betting on snow.

The company apologised for allowing the bet to be made in the first place and paid Bryant £31.78 for the single bets.

However, it is estimated that the first accumulator would have won just over £4.9m while the other would have made Bryant a further £2.23m.

Bryant said that he is "gutted" about the decision and added: "This is a genuine mistake, and if I make a mistake in my work like that it costs me dearly and I think the offer should be a lot more generous than they have made. They are one of the leading bookmakers in the country and I think they ought to do their homework a bit better in future."

Meanwhile, a Ladbrokes spokesperson said: "We have apologised to the customer for any confusion and for mistakenly accepting an accumulator bet when our own rules state that only single bets are available on a market of this nature. We are happy to void the bets and pay the customer his winnings on the relevant singles."

A representative for the Independent Betting Adjudication Service said that Bryant had been in contact and added that they will investigate once he sends them the paperwork.

DS

Aww. I feel sorry for him

I'd hire lawyers. There be a queue of them as well because it can be argues that there was a contract in place for the accumulator

It is just mad, I have to see whether I can take a bus to work tomorrow, there is no way I am driving in this sh$t weather. Has not stopped snowing since Friday :cyring: I have had ENOUGH!!

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    At the end of the day, the bet was placed and accepted, so they should pay out!! Whether a mistake or not, the contract was made at the point the bet was placed!

I just hope I am able to get up the M5 and M4 on Weds - the m/ways should be clear though, so I should be fine - could just be a few flight delays.

Everyone here is panic buying though and my car is stuck on the drive. Very peaceful though - I kind of love it in that sense. (and my dog does too lol)

We have... rain The snow is starting to melt but I think it'll be another three or four days before it's all gone.
    Thanks CrazyLea

More snow today

Its started to snow here. Looks like a proper blizzard. So pretty.

Here's hoping my exam tomorrow will be delayed.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    We have... rain The snow is starting to melt but I think it'll be another three or four days before it's all gone.
    Everything gone here and we don't expect more as the temperature is suppose to rise in the next day or two to 10 degrees..
    Super Mod

Thread Information