Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Syed/Amira/Christian Wedding Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirl View Post
    I thought Peter and Daren danced well.
    I loved that bit I just loved it all, made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    My wedding was massive. I remember all the street looking to see what was going on. Had the drum beaters, fireworks, the lot
    Wow, that must have been an incredible experience!

Cost a bloody fortune as well

I know

But its great when ppl come out to look at whats happening

Elliott: 'Wedding outcome was brilliant'
    Friday, January 1 2010, 20:30 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter and Kris Green, Soaps Editor

EastEnders star Marc Elliott has praised the outcome of Syed Masood's wedding dilemma, describing it as a "brilliant" plot development.

Earlier tonight, viewers saw Syed finally tying the knot with fiancée Amira Shah (Preeya Kalidas), despite his recent affair with caterer Christian Clarke (John Partridge) and ongoing doubts about his sexuality.

In an exclusive interview with DS, Elliott has insisted that the pair's union was the best and most appropriate course for the storyline to take.

He explained: "It's brilliant. And it's far more realistic this way, too. If the wedding hadn't gone ahead and they'd have gone with a 'happily ever after' with these two gay guys who are destined to be together, they'd have done the story a disservice - they need to show the life after the wedding and show how Syed will cope living with a wife who he loves, but not in the way he loves Christian. He has to live with the fact that he's not being true to himself over his sexuality."

On how his character's relationship with Amira will now develop, the actor continued: "It's a very rocky road. From what I've already filmed, there are quite a few rough patches for them. It'll be interesting to see how it develops psychologically between Syed and Amira.

"Syed's starting to show signs of being quite a cruel character but it's only through his own bitterness and resentment that he starts acting the way he does - it's the way he deals with it. Poor Amira's none the wiser, so Syed's not acting right and she has no idea why.

"It's a really important story for the bride this one, too, because there are a lot of women - Muslim or otherwise - that are married to gay men and don't know about it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...brilliant.html
    Last edited by Lennie; 01-01-2010 at 22:13.

Do you think Syed and Christian will still see eachother?

I am sure they will

Quote Originally Posted by Lennie View Post
    Elliott: 'Wedding outcome was brilliant'
    Friday, January 1 2010, 20:30 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter and Kris Green, Soaps Editor

EastEnders star Marc Elliott has praised the outcome of Syed Masood's wedding dilemma, describing it as a \\"brilliant\\" plot development.
    road.
    \\"It's a really important story for the bride this one, too, because there are a lot of women - Muslim or otherwise - that are married to gay men and don't know about it.\\"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...brilliant.html
    My brother had a boyfriend who was married and had a son. His wife was from a very Christian family in the seventies it was unheard of there as well. He never saw his son again when he came out of the closet. I feel sorry for people who feel so much pressure that it is impossible to be who or how they want ( or feel) to be. So many get hurt in the process. Let's hope this will change for everyone.

I think Syed will try too ignore Christian but he cannot deny who he is eventually.
    I am exited about how they will play out this story. Good to see it from both sides. Amira's and Syed's.

I'm sure that Syed and Christian will get together again eventually, but that Syed will resist him for as long as he can.

This storyline has been very well-written and acted, as evidenced by the fact that we can see, and sympathise with, both sides. It would be nice to think that both Syed and Amira will find happiness after it all comes out, but this is a soap so it isn't very likely.

reading one of the posted spoilers on here about Amria not long back from Honeymoon , is down a sidestreet kissing the face off the new guy on the street... ??? what is that all about ??? Unless Syed's told her that he gay and only married to keep the mother happy ?

Thread Information