Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrie's Blanche has died

Maggie Jones was a living legend.

She actually WAS an national treasure unlike the vacuous Babs Windsor who in my humble opinion couldnt act her way out of a wet paper bag but because she was on Deadenders every tweenie thought she was the dogs B******s when in fact truth be told she was CRAP with a capital C.

Babs Windsor isnt fit to tie the laces of Maggie Jones' shoes

Such sad news

blanche will be missed

R.I.P

Nothing more to say to what's already been posted. Very sad news. She was one of the great soap actors of all time. She will be badly missed.

RIP - she will be missed greatly on the show

Coronation Street this morning confirmed that tonight's episode of the Weatherfield soap will be dedicated to Maggie Jones, who passed away yesterday at the age of 75.

Digital Spy forum members were last night confused when a tribute to the actress - who played comedy legend Blanche Hunt - failed to appear, as is the usual protocol when a soap actor or actress dies.

However, a spokesperson for the show told me: "We felt that for those people who had not heard the news, it would be a huge shock for them to hear it as they settled down to watch Corrie."

They added: "Tonight is a great Barlow episode and will be dedicated to Maggie with a tribute."

Maggie's final scenes with the soap, which were filmed before she was taken ill in October, aired during the 8.30pm episode on Friday, November 20 at 8.30pm.

However, I can confirm that due to the nature of episodes being filmed out of sync, she will appear in two more that will air on Monday and Friday of next week.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...gie-jones.html

[QUOTE=Perdita;695874Digital Spy forum members were last night confused [/QUOTE]

Nothing new there then

BLANCHE HAS THE LAST LAUGH
    Maggie had key Christmas plot lined up
    Rachael Bletchly
    Corrie star Maggie Jones was set to star in a hilarious Christmas storyline as bitchy Blanche Hunt.

The People has seen scripts that Maggie, who died on Wednesday aged 75, would have relished.

We can also reveal that the last word she says as battleaxe Blanche - to be screened in next Friday's episode - will be a fitting "Hallelujah!" In the planned Christmas scripts, frugal Blanche comes up with the idea of making her own cards.

But her "goodwill" message in the one for shopkeeper Norris Cole reads: "You are a charmless, pompous, petty-minded little man with all the allure of a tramp's handshake. Up yours, Blanche."

Her rhyme to Dev Alahan says: "Your loved ones have all legged it as you have lied and cheated and scammed. And I predict you will end your days a sad and lonely old man."

The much-loved star never got to film the hilarious scenes. But a Corrie insider said: "Maggie would have stolen the show over Christmas."

Maggie delivered some classic oneliners in her 35 years as Blanche, some of which we list, right.

In her swan song on Friday, sonin-law Ken squabbles over Christmas dinner arrangements. When they are settled, Blanche says: "Hallelujah!" [email protected] Some of her best lines Of brassy Rovers landlady Liz she said: "Skirt no bigger than a belt, too much eyeliner, and roots as dark as her soul."

Blanche to Deirdre whilst considering Ken's marriage proposal: "Well if you leave it much longer, he won't be able to get up again!" Blanche to Tracy: "You look remarkably chipper.

Trod on a snail?" On Hayley and Roy Cropper: "Well they cant have children can they? Cause he's a looney and she's a man" Blanche talking about Ross at Peter's AA meeting: "I've never heard so much self-indulgent whinging in all my life. Is there some correlation between how boring you are and how much you drink" To Norris Cole, who has just denounced speed bumps as "ugly and unattractive": "So are you, but at least they have some use."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-12-2009)

i loved blanche, she was just an amazing character!!

one episode that still makes me laugh is when Blanche, emily, rita, roy and norris all got high of those cakes with coke in! :L
    brilliant, especially about cats with souls :P

she will be missed she was a legend and i hope she R.I.P.

Her christmas card idea is marvelous. I can just imagine Norris and Dev's faces when they read them. It's sad Maggie gone. Blanche would have stolen the show over Christmas without a doubt.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    They added: "Tonight is a great Barlow episode and will be dedicated to Maggie with a tribute."
    Have I missed the dedication and tribute?

Thread Information