Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loretta's Secret Revealed!!!

Exclamation Loretta's Secret Revealed!!!

Total Shocker, i so did not see this coming

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lger-case.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lennie For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (25-11-2009), lizann (29-11-2009), moonstorm (25-11-2009), tammyy2j (25-11-2009)

Wow, never thought of that!!! Will have to start watching it again!

I kinda thought she was prison with Becca (Jake's wife) but omg

The mother of murdered boy James Bulger has this afternoon expressed her outrage over Hollyoaks' upcoming child killer plot.

It was today confirmed that the Channel 4 soap is to embark on a Christmas storyline, in which it is revealed that Loretta Jones (Melissa Walton) and her best friend Chrissy (Amber Hodgkiss) killed a child when they were 12 years old.

Bulger's mother Denise Fergus, 42, proclaimed that she is "shocked" and "disgusted" over the programme's decision to air such a controversial plot without consulting her.

She went on to state that turning this kind of hard-hitting story into a soap scenario for entertainment "is just wrong".

In an interview with Click Liverpool, Fergus said: "I'm shocked and disgusted at what Hollyoaks is doing. They have clearly based this story on what happened to James and it's outrageous that they should do this without consulting with me in any way.

"This is the third time this year that someone has written a so-called drama that treats my son's murderers as some kind of victims and celebrities. It's wrong and I find it very hurtful that a TV company is making a horrific murder that happened only 16 years ago into the subject for a soap opera."

She continued: "How dare they treat James as though he is public property. It is an insult to his memory and I am particularly shocked that a programme, based in Liverpool, has gone ahead and done this knowing that it would be so controversial.

"Turning James's death into a topic for entertainment is just wrong."

Appalled by the decision to pen and produce the episodes, Fergus has publicly called for a meeting with Hollyoaks' Liverpool-based production house Lime Pictures so she can hear it justify its move.

She further stated: "I'm demanding an urgent meeting with the producers of Hollyoaks over this. It seems they have already recorded these episodes so they think they have got away with it. But I want to look them in the eye and hear them explain how they can justify it.

"I want to know how they could stoop so low as to broadcast such a horrible insult to the memory of my beautiful son. The only reason Hollyoaks is doing this is their own self-interest - to get viewers."

Fergus added: "I watch Hollyoaks, but if they go ahead and broadcast this it will be the last time I will watch it and I will ask other people to support me and boycott the show too."

This evening, however, a spokesperson for Channel 4 defended the storyline. They said: "The forthcoming storyline is not based on any real-life case and it will in no way seek to recreate real events. The storyline focuses on the psychological repercussions for two characters in the show who were responsible for the death of a 12-year-old girl in the past."

They added: "We take very seriously our responsibility to tackle sensitive issues in an appropriate way."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...oaks-plot.html

Loretta's Secret

This storyline looks like it could be quite good! I think Melissa who plays Loretta will do a fantastic job at tackling this subject. It will also be a good chance for us to seen Loretta in a different light other than what we have already seen of her.

I thought it was going to be something to do with a child as she's always saying about Jake having a second chance with Charlie. Im looking forward to seeing how every one else in the village especialy those who have small children will react to her past. But most of all Nancy as she has let Loretta look after Charlie.

I do hope tho that Hollyoaks have really looked into this subject and have gone to all the right support networks etc to do it justice for any one who has been in the dreadful situation of the subject.

It's quite odd how they chose a female character to take on this role rather than a male but i suppose over recent months we have seen that it's not just men who can do awful things to children.

I feel uneasy about this storyline and its close links to Jamie Bulger's murder. It still seems so fresh, and it's obviously distressing for his mother.

I don't think you are alone in feeling uneasy about this, because sadly it brings home the horrors we experience in our lives these days...and it is distressing for families that have had first-hand experience of this. Soap operas are meant to reflect real life, that would include the horrible things that happen.

I'll watch with interest and trepidation. I just hope the producers and writers are very sensitive to people's feelings about James Bulger.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (29-11-2009), Perdita (29-11-2009), Pinkbanana (29-11-2009)

good on Hollyoaks for tackling this - the show has been crap lately

I can see why theres upset but as long as hollyoaks are tasteful which i am sure they will be then i think it wil be ok, there are bad things happening in the world and the soaps do want to portray them on screen.

i wasnt expecting that either.

hopefully it will be the start of decent storylines as recently it has been poor.

Thread Information