Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axe fears as The Bill shelved for I'm A Celebrity

Axe fears as The Bill shelved for I'm A Celebrity

The Bill stars and fans fear the ITV1 soap may be axed - after it was pulled for month for the reality show I'm A Celebrity.

The cop show -which has been running for 25 years -has been off the air for a month. Viewers tuned in for last Thursday's episode to find it had been shelved for the drama Collision.

One source said: "Morale among the cast and crew is at an all-time low.

"We changed slots from 8pm to 9pm so we'd have a permanent home but it hasn't take much to pull us. Some fear this could be the beginning of the end."

The show had attracted 5million viewers but lost a million on moving slots.

The break comes after ITV boss Peter Fincham axed other top dramas, Kingdom and Heartbeat.

An ITV spokesman said: "The Bill will take a very short break whilst I'm A Celebrity is on air. It will return on December 10th and into the New Year."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21820667/

It wasnt just moving to 9pm that cost them viewers. The decimating of the uniform branch, making it a CID show and the ridiculous storylines have led to its unpopularity. Up on till recently I would have been the forst to write to ITV if they talked about axing the show. Now as it stands I really dont care. Its totally unrealistic nonsense. I would be very syrprised if there is anyone connected with the Police advising it now.

Go ahead ITV axe it I really dont care any more

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Abigail (15-11-2009), Chloe O'brien (16-11-2009), parkerman (15-11-2009)

I agree 100% with you, alan. ITV have murdered what was once a classic police series. Unless they return it to how it used to be I agree that they might just as well axe it.

The thing about TB as was is that it was very realistic (well lets forget about Kiddiecop and Gabriel K*nt). As someone who knows police work inside out I could relate to the situations and characters in the show. My wife and I used to compare the characters with colleagues we both knew. It got to the stage where we felt able to get inside the characters. Now its a pisspoor rendition of an American Cop Series. Leave the gritty realism to the yanks. They doo it much better. One only has to look at the likes of The Shield, NYPD Blues, THe Wire etc to see this

Moving the show to 9pm isn't the problem, when the show first started many moons ago it was aired at 9pm and always had high ratings it's the change in format with having so many CID storylines instead of a mixture of CID and uniform. Having CID focused episodes is all well if you have the right characters to carry the story but Max Carter is as wooden as Kiddie Cop. on top of that they made two huge mistakes getting rid of Tony Stamp and Reg Hollis. The Bill needs to go back to doing what they did best before this show is axed.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-11-2009), parkerman (16-11-2009)

it wouldnt suprise me if they did axe the bill.

they need to bring back pc's stamp and hollis and gina gold.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thestud2k7 For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-11-2009)

I watched The Bill recently and got bored to be honest when before now I used to love The Bill.

Maybe it is best to just let it go?

I've just started watching again, as people have already said, it's not what it used to be. It's predictable and every storyline is the same, with just different characters. Sometimes I feel I don't need to watch it, purely because I can watch the first 15 mins, know the storyline and predict the ending. That said, I'd be sad if it was axed.

completly disagree i love the new bil

Really I think its time ITV put this show out of its misery. Its Dire beyond belief. I watched it last night just to see if it had improved. Its got worse. They are still trying to emulate the Americans and failing miserably. The Bill cant do dark and moody

Thread Information