Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Cropper (David Neilson)

*Coronation Street will wave goodbye to Roy Cropper next year - but don't worry, it's just for three months.

Fan favourite David Neilson is currently gearing up to film a surprise exit from the role of Roy, as he's asked for time off to take on a theatre role.

Neilson has signed up to appear in a production of Samuel Beckett's Endgame, which will have dates in Glasgow and Manchester in early 2016.

The project will involve a Coronation Street reunion for Neilson, as his former co-star Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) will also be starring in the play.**

looks like sylvia dies off screen

I was wondering if he was going to be involved in Carla's upcoming storyline or if he was going to be one of the people that she becomes estranged from? I also had a weird idea that he would somehow be in Underworld at the time the roof collapses...
    But this sounds like his departure will be fairly last minute, after a re-writing of scripts perhaps?
    Hope David Neilson is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Hope David Neilson is ok.
    I'm sure he is, seeing as he's going into a play.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I'm sure he is, seeing as he's going into a play.
    with chris/peter so he taking leave also?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    with chris/peter so he taking leave also?
    Yes, he would have to if he is in the play too

so roy will miss the carla drama, he is her only true unselfish honest friend

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

emerald (31-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    *Coronation Street will wave goodbye to Roy Cropper next year - but don't worry, it's just for three months.

Fan favourite David Neilson is currently gearing up to film a surprise exit from the role of Roy, as he's asked for time off to take on a theatre role.

Neilson has signed up to appear in a production of Samuel Beckett's Endgame, which will have dates in Glasgow and Manchester in early 2016.

The project will involve a Coronation Street reunion for Neilson, as his former co-star Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) will also be starring in the play.**
    I think that spoiler is an old one. They were both in Endgame together but that was a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so roy will miss the carla drama, he is her only true unselfish honest friend
    I agree - he's the one friend who tells her what she needs to hear, instead of going on about how wonderful she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    David Neilson has reportedly left the role of “Roy Cropper” in Corrie for a period of time ... the reasons and length of absence have not been disclosed as yet.

The Roy’s Rolls cafe owner’s “leaving” storyline has been revealed that he will have to make an emergency visit to look after his mother, who will have suffered a massive heart attack. But it’s not known if the character (Sylvia) is going to live or die this time. You may remember a similar storyline saw Roy leave the street for a short while last February.

Coronation Street bosses have not been available to comment.
    This article was posted on the 29th December but I haven't heard any more about it since then. Does anyone know if Roy is actually leaving?

Thread Information