Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Cropper (David Neilson)

I'm sick of Tracy....

Mind you I was sick of her about five minutes after Kate Ford first opened her mouth back in 2002.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-01-2015)

I'm glad Roy's getting a new friend that'll help pull him out of his grief, but I must say that his grief hasn't really come across on screen to me. I expected much to be made of Roy's distress after Hayley died - he is after all the type of person who can't cope with change - but a few weeks hiding away with his trains and the occasional scene are all we've got.

Needless to say I blame the writing and not David Neilson.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 21-01-2015 at 18:39.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-01-2015), maidmarian (21-01-2015), Perdita (21-01-2015), tammyy2j (21-01-2015)

I like Roy's scenes with Carla, they should build that friendship more

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-01-2015)

Coronation Street café owner Roy Cropper will fall out with Sharif Nazir in an upcoming storyline.

David Neilson and Marc Anwar, who play the characters, were spotted filming an argument while working on location in Manchester this week.

Future episodes will see the pair forced to share an allotment, but it's far from a happy partnership when they can't agree on how to use the patch.

David Neilson and Marc Anwar filming scenes for Coronation Street
    © Rex Features / MCPIX
    Sharif and Roy fall out

© Rex Features / MCPIX
    The argument continues

Roy and Sharif end up splitting the plot in two, but it looks as though their comedic bickering could still last for a while.

Despite the early tensions, Roy's hobby will ultimately mark a turning point for him as he starts to move on from his difficult year.

In a recent interview with Inside Soap, Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn confirmed that Roy will meet a troubled new character while working on the allotment - giving him something new to focus on after a year of grief for his wife Hayley.

© Rex Features / MCPIX
    Roy and Sharif's row attracts attention

Blackburn commented: "Roy meets a widowed lady over on the next allotment. She's not going to be a love interest, but someone who Roy will feel obliged to help guide through the world.

"We know how nervous Roy is around people he doesn't know, so the fact that he's able to come out of his shell and offer real, redemptive support to a complete stranger is a sign that the Roy we all know and love is back."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (24-01-2015), swmc66 (25-01-2015)

I can only see part of her face i wonder which actress will play her. She looks familiar

Congratulations to David Neilson who has been in Coronation Street for 20 years today🎉💥🎊

Has it really been this long since he joined???

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-07-2015), lizann (20-07-2015), maidmarian (20-07-2015)

Roy rescues Cathy
    Roy Cropper proves to be a knight in shining armour in next week’s Coronation Street when he comes to Cathy’s rescue.
    The hoarder is left trapped and unconscious when a pile of boxes suddenly come tumbling down on top of her.
    When she fails to turn up for the curry evening she had agreed to attend, Roy gets concerned and heads to Cathy’s house to find out what’s happened.
    Realising she’s trapped, Roy breaks the door down and rescues her from the pile of debris before pointing out that her house is a potential death trap.
    He decides to take matters into his own hands and while Roy persuades a reluctant Cathy to have a day out with him, Tyrone, Fiz and Chesney kindly clear some junk out of her house.
    When she gets home she hits the roof to see all her junk has gone but Tyrone assures her they haven’t dumped it and shows her how they’ve boxed it all up and labelled it so she can decide what to dump and what to keep.
    Cathy’s touched, revealing how after Alan’s death, hoarding junk gave her comfort and admits to Roy that she’s scared that the longer she stays in the house, the worse she’ll become. Sympathetic, Roy makes Cathy an offer...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-07-2015), maidmarian (21-07-2015)

Looks like it fell on her in neat piles

15. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-07-2015)

Coronation Street will wave goodbye to Roy Cropper next year - but don't worry, it's just for three months.

Fan favourite David Neilson is currently gearing up to film a surprise exit from the role of Roy, as he's asked for time off to take on a theatre role.

Neilson has signed up to appear in a production of Samuel Beckett's Endgame, which will have dates in Glasgow and Manchester in early 2016.

The project will involve a Coronation Street reunion for Neilson, as his former co-star Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) will also be starring in the play.

A Coronation Street spokesperson confirmed that the soap's team were happy to grant Neilson the time off as he shared his plans well in advance.

This allowed writers and producers time to create a suitable exit storyline to explain why cafe owner Roy won't be around for a while.

Brooke Vincent and Les Dennis, who play Sophie Webster and Michael Rodwell respectively, will also be taking time off from ​Coronation Street next year after landing theatre jobs of their own.

Endgame will run at the Citizens Theatre in Glasgow between February 4 and February 20, before moving to Manchester's HOME Theatre for more dates from February 25.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-11-2015), Glen1 (12-11-2015), maidmarian (12-11-2015), parkerman (12-11-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street will wave goodbye to Roy Cropper next year - but don't worry, it's just for three months.
    I was really gutted before I realised David's absence will only be for three months. I'll still miss Roy for that time though.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (12-11-2015), lizann (12-11-2015), maidmarian (12-11-2015), parkerman (12-11-2015)

Thread Information