Thread: DS Swain's daughter

Exclamation DS Swain's daughter

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...wain-daughter/

Coronation Street star Vicky Myers has confirmed that DS Swain's daughter will be introduced to the soap later this year.

Show bosses are planning to reveal more about Swain, who's currently taking centre stage in the Lauren Bolton disappearance storyline.

Last month, it was confirmed that the Weatherfield detective had been promoted to a regular character after nearly three years of guest stints.

In a new interview with TV Times, Vicky revealed: "[Swain is] a single mum and a lot of people can relate to that.

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ? she's feisty, opinionated and educated. It's going to be interesting watching Swain juggling her professional and personal lives. Also, we know she's gay, so is there another mother and, if so, is she involved?"

On the decision to agree to a permanent role on Corrie, Vicky also shared: "I was coming to the end of my contract last October after being involved in the Stephen Reid storyline. There were questions about what we were going to do with Swain, and [then-producer] Iain MacLeod said, 'We need a chat'.

"There were different pitches, a couple I thought would be creatively challenging and make interesting stories, so it was a no-brainer."

Swain has recently been investigating the mystery of Lauren's disappearance and has publicly shared her theory that the teenager was murdered.

Lauren's former boss Roy Cropper is currently the top suspect in the case. Despite protests from friends and neighbours that Roy is harmless, upcoming episodes will see him charged and sent to prison on remand ahead of a planned trial.

Daniel Osbourne has also been pinpointed by Swain as a possible suspect ? another storyline strand that will be revisited in the coming weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (10-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...wain-daughter/

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ?
    So, pretty stupid, jumps to conclusions with absolutely no evidence and won't listen to sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-04-2024)

Thread Information