John Pickard has organised a Hollyoaks set tour competition to raise money for charity.

The 31-year-old, who plays chef Dom Reilly on the Channel 4 teen soap, has competed in the BUPA Great North Run and the ING New York Marathon in recent weeks. Meanwhile, he also took part in the London Marathon in April.

All three of Pickard's runs have been in aid of Leonard Cheshire Disability and The Prostate Cancer Charity.

The star has now announced that anyone who wishes to support his efforts by sponsoring a minimum of £10 will be entered into a prize draw for the rare opportunity to visit the set of Hollyoaks and meet some of the cast.

Revealing details of the contest, Pickard commented: "It's a real honour to be supporting two such important charities. My grandad had prostate cancer and was cared for by my mum at home when he became disabled towards the end of his days, so both charities have a great personal significance to me.

"I've also been to visit a number of Leonard Cheshire Disability services, so I know what a great job they do supporting disabled people to live life their way."

He continued: "I've been training hard this year and completing my first ever marathon in London back in April was fantastic. It's great to be able to complete these challenges to raise money and funds for such important causes, so please take part in the competition to get your chance of visiting the Hollyoaks set and meeting the cast!"

Donations should be made through Pickard's Justgiving sponsorship page, which can be found here.

Earlier this year, Pickard's co-star Gerard McCarthy (Kris Fisher) arranged a Hollyoaks prize package for a charity auction held at Northern Ireland's White Sapphire Ball. The lot raised £4,500 for Northern Ireland's Children's Hospice.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...our-prize.html