Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has promised to stick with her role for as long as the soap's bosses want her.

The 32-year-old actress, who plays feisty Chastity Dingle, told The Mirror that she is pleased after recently signing a new contract with the Yorkshire-based drama.

Pargeter explained: "I've been in Emmerdale for seven years and my contract has just been renewed for another year. I am happy to stay as long as they want me there."

Asked what viewers can expect from her character over the coming months, she replied: "Chastity is on the fringes of the Debbie-Charity-Cain Dingle storyline. It's very hard for Chas because it's all about family loyalty versus the person she loves.

"Chas also still has a problem with her son Aaron after choosing Carl over him. But there are a few things that might crop up in the future where Aaron will need his mum's shoulder to cry on."

Last month, Pargeter was publicly praised by co-star Dominic Brunt (Paddy Kirk). The actor credited her for having a "great imagination" and not shying away from hard work.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...emmerdale.html

I like her character