Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Glee

Glee star Ashley Fink has confirmed that she will no longer appear on the show.

The actress said that her character Lauren Zizes, who last appeared in the season three premiere in September, has been dropped from the Fox series.

"It is what it is," she told The Insider. "Lauren's somewhere in that school, she's just not on camera or being talked about [laughs]. She's involved in activities that aren't televised.

"Of course I miss me on Glee. I miss everybody. I miss the fun experience that show is."

Asked if she was angry that the "major story" promised by Ryan Murphy had failed to materialise, Fink replied: "Glee is very much a fly by the seat of your pants [operation] in the way that best laid plans never quite come together.

"They have so many [characters] to take care of and I think once they made the decision that all these characters were going to graduate, it shifted the way this season was going to go."

It has been revealed that upcoming episodes of Glee's third season will feature a Whitney Houston tribute, a domestic violence storyline and a body swap twist.

Glee continues Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox. UK viewers can watch it Thursdays at 9pm on Sky1.

Glee's Cory Monteith has admitted filming the show's series finale has been a "bittersweet" experience for the cast.
    Cory's character Finn Hudson is set to graduate from McKinley High, along with several other key castmates, at the end of the season.
    The cast have tweeted about filming the emotional scenes, and speaking at a screening in Los Angeles, Cory confessed there have been some tears on set.
    "It's like tearful happiness, because we're all really excited and happy for where the show's gone and going, but at the same time, we're sad that it's changing," he said.
    "It's been such a mainstay for us, such an important part of our lives, obviously, and it's changing, and so it's been bittersweet."
    The fate of Finn and fiancee Rachel, played by Lea Michele, hangs in the balance as the end of season three approaches, with the pair hoping to follow their dreams and move to New York.
    But the 29-year-old actor refused to divulge any secrets about whether a happy ending was in sight for the couple.
    "It's really good," he said. "I'm really excited about everything that's coming our way, but I can't say anything!"

Jane Lynch has confessed she's enjoying getting in touch with a softer side of her Glee character Sue Sylvester.
    The malevolent cheerleading coach announced her pregnancy earlier in the third season of the hit show, and Jane said Sue is already seeming like a changed woman.
    "I've always said she's either going to be your worst enemy or your best advocate, and she's becoming an advocate, and a fearless one, for the Glee Club," she explained.
    "It's allowing Sue to grow, and it's interesting to me as an actor to play that part of her, I'm loving that."
    Speaking at a Glee screening in Los Angeles, the actress also admitted she has the perfect man in mind to play the father of Sue's baby.
    "Sue keeps referring to him as the 'celebrity father of my unborn child', she laughed.
    "I'm thinking Antonio Banderas, someone like that - we'll find out!"

Melissa Benoist and Becca Tobin have joined the cast of Glee.

Both actresses are cast in recurring roles as new students attending McKinley High School on the upcoming fourth season, reports TVLine.

Benoist is already known to audiences for guest roles in shows such as Homeland and Blue Bloods, while Tobin is a newcomer to series television.

The Fox series previously cast Dean Geyer and Jacob Artist, the latter of whom will play Puck's (Mark Salling) younger brother Jake.

Artist expressed his hopes of showing off his dance skills on the upcoming Britney Spears episode.

"I hear there's a Britney Spears episode coming up, it'd be fun if I could dance a little with Heather," he shared.

Glee returns to Fox on Thursday, September 13 in the US. The show airs on Sky1 and Sky1 HD in the UK.

Glee will cover Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' next season.

The show's New Directions will perform the song in the season four premiere on September 13, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The episode follows its characters after graduation and will be called 'The New Rachel'.

'Call Me Maybe' has been top of the Billboard Hot 100 for nine weeks, giving it the longest run at the top of the charts in 2012.

The song has been the subject of several covers, parodies and lip-synchs since its release, including by the US Olympic team swimmers and Democratic Representative Loretta Sanchez and her summer interns.

Jepsen has said that the song perhaps represents a "braver" version of herself.

The next season of Glee will also feature a tribute to Britney Spears, the show's second.

Sky1 has confirmed that the fourth season of Glee will not air in the UK until January 2013.

The musical drama returns to Fox in the US next month, but Sky1 has decided to hold back the UK premiere in order to "play out... an unbroken run".

In a statement, the broadcaster said: "We originally thought that the majority of our customers would want to see Glee as soon as possible, but last year you gave us feedback about the constant breaks in scheduling (owing to one-off broadcasts of live sport and other events in the US) and told us you wanted a more consistent scheduling pattern.

"We listened to the feedback and have decided to begin showing season 4 in January 2013, so we can play out in an unbroken run."

Spinoff series The Glee Project has also been confirmed to return to Sky1, with an autumn air date being eyed for the reality show's return.

The new season of Glee will feature guest spots from Kate Hudson (Almost Famous) and Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City) and will also introduce four new regular cast members.

Glee actress Lea Michele has landed a lucrative contract to promote beauty giant L'Oreal.

The TV star is the latest celebrity to become the face of the French cosmetics giant, following in the footsteps of Eva Longoria, Beyonce, and Jennifer Lopez.

The actress who plays the part of Rachel Berry on Glee is reported to receive $1 million for fronting the campaign, according to People.

Michele is expected to appear in advertisements for the brand later this year.

;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Last edited by lizann; 17-09-2012 at 21:51.

Heather Morris, 26, best known for playing the ditzy cheerleader Brittany on Glee, is reportedly pregnant with her first child! The actress’ longtime boyfriend Taylor Hubbell is the baby’s father.

The couple met when they were both back in high school, and are awaiting the arrival of their new bundle of joy in a few months.

“She’s a little more than three months along and starting to show,” a source told to Us Weekly.

“It was totally unexpected, but they are incredibly happy and excited,” the source added.

Heather, who gained fame as the ditzy cheerleader on the FOX hit show Glee, has talked about her eager desire to start a family with longtime boyfriend Taylor in the past. The star is even willing to quit showbiz if it came down to it.

“I want to marry Taylor and have kids with him,” the star revealed to Fitness magazine in 2011. “I love acting, but if it affects my relationship, then I wont continue.”

Heather’s character Brittany is a senior at McKinley High School on Glee, so it’s likely this would be her last season anyway.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 03-04-2013 at 16:28.

Thread Information