Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Glee

The cast of Glee will cover one of The Wanted's biggest hits in an upcoming episode.

The boyband have revealed that their single 'Glad You Came' will feature on a future episode of the hit US musical drama.

Speaking about the news, band member Jay McGuiness told Capital FM: "Glee is just as big in the UK, so when we heard, we were just like, 'What's going on boys?'"

'Glad You Came' reached number one on the UK chart last summer and is currently number 40 on the US Hot 100.

The Wanted are coming to the end of their US tour and will perform in San Diego on February 7 and Hollywood on February 8 before returning to the UK for their 'The Code' arena shows.

The five-piece recently admitted they were "speechless" at their popularity in North America, after a number of their gigs sold out.

Ricky Martin could return to Glee in the future, reports have suggested.

The musician could become a recurring character or even a series regular on the Fox show, TV Line reports.

Martin appeared in this week's episode as Spanish night class teacher David Martinez.

At the end of the instalment, David became McKinley High's Spanish teacher after Will (Matthew Morrison) decided to switch to history instead.

"We hope to have [Martin] fly in and tape when he can," a source claimed. "He loves the show and his character and wants to do it."

The reports have suggested that Martin could appear in Glee again in spring.

Glee airs on Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox. The third season will resume in the UK on March 1 on Sky1.

Uggg I can't wait for Glee to return. Just want it back now I am resisting the urge to watch it online. But not sure how much longer I can hold out!

Good thing is though, that when it returns it's not taking any more breaks, so I read earlier on Sky website. Plus side!

"Glee" producers will make the upcoming Valentine's Day episode an official tribute for the late Whitney Houston. A representative for the musical series has confirmed, "The producers have decided to dedicate the episode to Houston's memory with a card in the end credits."

Coincidentally, the February 14 outing titled "Heart" will feature Amber Riley's Mercedes performing "I Will Always Love You", a Dolly Parton song which was covered by Houston for her 1992 film "The Bodyguard". The "Glee" actress had a chance to meet the "My Love Is Your Love" singer just days before her passing.

"I didn't need her to take a picture with me. I didn't need an autograph. The fact that she even acknowledged that I was standing there was enough for me," Riley said of their encounter. Recalling the time she learned about Houston's death, she shared, "I was very broken up. My dad actually called me and told me. He was like, 'Are you driving because I'll need you to pull over,' because he knows how much I love Whitney Houston. It was hard."

As for plans to make a Houston-themed episode, "Glee" music supervisor P.J. Bloom recently said, "We'll see. As soon as the news hit, I texted Ryan and said, 'We should do something'." He added, "Whether he chooses to want to take that celebration past our show Tuesday when we do 'I Will Always Love You,' I couldn't say. If we don't celebrate her in one complete episode, I'm sure we'll continue to acknowledge her music in the show."

The Glee 'Live! In Concert!' tour has been cancelled for 2012.

The cast - who often work 16-hour days when filming a season of the show - will instead have the summer months off.

A Glee spokesman told The Hollywood Reporter: "We currently have no plans of touring the cast this summer."

However, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Naya Rivera and the show's other stars may do one concert at the Hollywood Bowl.

According to the website, Glee producers are hoping to have a one-night benefit concert to raise money for Give a Note, an arts education charity.

Last year, the Glee concert tour grossed more than $40 million after stopping in the US, Canada, England and Ireland, making it the 16th most successful tour of 2011.

Glee star Matthew Morrison has reportedly said that he is "frustrated" about being "trapped" on the show for another four seasons.

The actor and singer admitted that he had no idea about the scale of the Fox programme, or the limitations it would impose on his career, when he signed up to play Will Schuester.

"It's not ending any time soon," The Mirror quotes him as saying. "Once they have you, they trap you. I'm tied in to seven years - I signed up to seven years and I cannot get out of it.

"I have a really good lawyer but there's nothing we can do - I've had offers recently for a few really cool movies but had to turn them down. It's so frustrating.

"None of us realised when we signed up it'd turn into this - we thought it was just a show about kids singing and dancing... I literally cannot get out of it. It's a great show, it provided me with my big break, but what can I do?"

Morrison released his self-titled debut album last year and has signed to Adam Levine's label 222 Records for his new LP.

He will appear alongside the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz and Cheryl Cole in What To Expect When You're Expecting, released on May 18 in the US and May 23 in the UK.

Glee airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox in the US and Thursdays at 9pm on Sky1 in the UK.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-03-2012)

I think his debut album flopped he should stick with the show

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Glee star Matthew Morrison has reportedly said that he is "frustrated" about being "trapped" on the show for another four seasons.

The actor and singer admitted that he had no idea about the scale of the Fox programme, or the limitations it would impose on his career, when he signed up to play Will Schuester.

"It's not ending any time soon," The Mirror quotes him as saying. "Once they have you, they trap you. I'm tied in to seven years - I signed up to seven years and I cannot get out of it.

"I have a really good lawyer but there's nothing we can do - I've had offers recently for a few really cool movies but had to turn them down. It's so frustrating.

"None of us realised when we signed up it'd turn into this - we thought it was just a show about kids singing and dancing... I literally cannot get out of it. It's a great show, it provided me with my big break, but what can I do?"

Morrison released his self-titled debut album last year and has signed to Adam Levine's label 222 Records for his new LP.

He will appear alongside the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Cameron Diaz and Cheryl Cole in What To Expect When You're Expecting, released on May 18 in the US and May 23 in the UK.

Glee airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on Fox in the US and Thursdays at 9pm on Sky1 in the UK.
    He is jealous of Ricky Martin

Lindsay Lohan and Whoopi Goldberg are set to make guest appearances on Glee.

Li-Lo will have a cameo as herself as a celebrity judge at the Nationals - alongside Josh Groban and Olivia Newton-John - at the end of the third season, reported TV Line.

Whoopi, however, could be up for an extended role as Carmen Tibideaux, a professor at the New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts (NYADA), who travels to Ohio to preside over Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Rachel's (Lea Michele) auditions.

The Ghost and Sister Act actress, who co-hosts US talk show The View, is expected to appear in several episodes in an "extremely pivotal multi-episode arc".

The pair join a number of other celebrities who have appeared on Glee, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristin Chenoweth, Neil Patrick Harris, Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-03-2012)

The tracklisting for the upcoming 12th Glee soundtrack has been unveiled.

Green Day, Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé and Bob Dylan are among the artists to receive cover versions for Glee: Graduation.

The compilation is said to contain eight tracks from the Fox comedy's upcoming season three finale episode.

The 13-track collection will be released on May 15, a week before the episode airs on May 22 in the US.

Lady GaGa, Madonna, Queen and fun. are also covered on the LP.

Glee actor Darren Criss recently promised fans that the graduation of several stars from the show is "not a goodbye".

The series was recently renewed for a fourth season by Fox along with New Girl and Raising Hope.

The season three finale of Glee will air on May 22 at 9pm following the performance round of the American Idol finale on Fox.

The tracklisting for Glee: Graduation is as follows:
    1.fun. - 'We Are Young'
    2.Lady GaGa - 'Edge of Glory'
    3.Jason Mraz - 'I Won't Give Up'
    4.Queen - 'We Are the Champions'
    5.Alice Cooper - 'School's Out'
    6.Beyoncé - 'I Was Here'
    7.Madonna - 'I'll Remember'
    8.New Radicals - 'You Get What You Give'
    9.The Bravery - 'Not the End'
    10.Room for Two - 'Roots Before Branches'
    11.Bruce Springsteen - 'Glory Days'