Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee

Remember it starts on monday

Glee will return for a second season in 2010-11, Fox has announced.

The network also revealed plans for a nationwide hunt to find three new cast members for the next run of the musical comedy, which will air from the Fall.

"We’ve loved Glee ever since it was a pilot script, so it’s been an incredible thrill to watch the show take root and see audiences embrace these characters in such a huge way this season," said Fox president Kevin Reilly.

"The show is a true and rare gem in television. We couldn’t be more proud of what Ryan Murphy and the Glee team have created so far, and can’t wait to see what they come up with for season two."

The show returns for the second half of its freshman season Tuesday, April 13. In the UK, Glee premieres tonight at 9pm on E4.

DS

Olivia Newton-John has taken a recurring guest role on Glee, according to E! Online.

The singer will appear in the second half of the first season, which airs on Fox from April. One of her scenes will be a joint rendition of her track 'Let's Get Physical' with acerbic gym teacher Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch).

"I'm so excited I can't see straight!" Lynch told the website. "She provided the soundtrack for my tortured adolescence. Her charitable work and commitment to making others' lives and the life of the planet better is so inspiring."

The news comes after the show's early renewal for a second season.

DS

Watched it last night! I love it!

Spoiler:
    Two Glee characters are to embark on a romance in the second part of the show's first season.

According to People, choir director Will will be romancing Emma in future episodes, but Jayma Mays, who plays the guidance counsellor, revealed that the relationship isn't going to happen anytime soon.

"[Series creator] Ryan Murphy said that it's his job as a writer to keep us apart," she said.

"I was like, 'Actually, you know what? That's right and that makes sense'. Otherwise people won't have anything to root for. Practically speaking, Emma's a smart girl and she's a practical girl, and so she wouldn't jump into a relationship with a man that's technically not even separated."

Meanwhile, Jessalyn Gilsig, who portrays Will's estranged wife Terri, added that she hopes to be exploring her character's vulnerable side through a song.

"I think it's going to happen. I never say it's done until we've shot it. I want just a little softer side of Terri," she said. "We'll let her have a life outside of this panic that she was in. [But] I don't think she's ever going to turn into Emma. I think she'll always have an edge."

I watched it, i think it has some real potential
    Maisie Mouse

Its the best new US show in a long long time i cant wait to get the soundtracks

My mam thinks ists really good! And thats saying something!

it is the best thing to hit telly in foever- so cheesy its marvellous, love it!!

The cheerleading coach makes me laugh

Thread Information