Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee

Glee

Promo

http://www.fox.com/glee/

Glee is an American musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox. It focuses on a high school show choir (also known as a glee club) set within the fictional William McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio.[1] The pilot episode of the show was broadcast after American Idol on May 19, 2009,[2] and the first season began airing on September 9, 2009.[3] On September 21, 2009, Fox officially gave the series a full-season pick-up.[4]
    The show was created by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, and Ian Brennan, after being originally envisioned as a film rather than a TV series. Murphy selects all music featured within the series himself, and intends to maintain a balance between show tunes and chart hits. Songs covered in the show are released on iTunes during the week of broadcast, and a series of Glee albums will be released through Columbia Records, beginning with Glee: The Music, Volume 1 on November 3, 2009.
    The broadcast of the pilot episode averaged 9.619 million viewers. Critical response was mixed, with The New York Times' Alessandra Stanley highlighting the episode's unoriginality and stereotyped characters, but praising the showmanship and talent of the cast. The Daily News's David Hinckley opined that the show was imperfect and implausible but \"potentially heartwarming\", while USA Today's Robert Bianco noted casting and tone problems, but commented positively on the show's humor and musical performances. Mary McNamara for the Los Angeles Times wrote that the show had a wide audience appeal, calling it \"the first show in a long time that's just plain full-throttle, no-guilty-pleasure-rationalizations-necessary fun.\"
    Starts on TV3 Irish TV in November

Great news for UK folk. E4 has picked up the broadcast rights for US series Glee. There has to be a little bad with the good though and that comes in the form of it sadly not airing in the UK til next year some time. You would have thought they’d have fast-tracked it a little wouldn’t you, given the hype Glee is presently getting. Seems a silly programming move.

Steve Cornish from FOX seems to think Glee is just what the UK audience is waiting for: “Glee is a fun and unique musical comedy that we think is a perfect fit for E4.” He added they “have high expectations for this show and are delighted to be working with E4 on the UK launch.” All 22 hour long episodes will be shown (assuming it doesn’t get axed obviously).

one of the best new shows of the season

E4 is to broadcast a sneak peek of Glee next month, DS can reveal.

The tactic mirrors that used by Fox to launch the series in the US earlier this year. The network premiered the pilot episode in May off the back of the American Idol finale, ahead of the launch proper in September.

The show - from Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy - follows a group of kids participating in their high school glee club.

"Glee has become a TV phenomenon in the US," an E4 spokesperson told DS. "A unique and ambitious show, it is generating a huge amount of buzz and already British viewers are clamouring to find out what all the fuss is about. So as an early Christmas present to all the British 'Gleeks' and as a sneak preview for all the uninitiated, E4 will broadcast the first episode in December ahead of the series launch in January."

The first episode of Glee will air mid December on E4.

Following in the footsteps of Kristin Chenoweth and Jonathan Groff, Tony winner Idina Menzel is in advanced talks to join the cast of Glee.

9.30pm Saturday night TV3 Sky 103 right after X Factor - Preview Episode and also next Tuesday E4 Sky 137

I love Kurt

And the Puck/Rachel pairing

I want to see Will & Emma and Rachel & Finn get together

that ep is not on catch up!!!!!!!!!

When we heard the first whispers of Glee in early 2009, we were, admittedly, rather skeptical. Featuring a cast reminiscent of the HSM/Miley Cyrus mold, such a show would never be taken seriously, right? Wrong! Four months on from its official US premiere and the show can boast several Golden Globe noms, a bit of iTunes domination, and some superstar appearances. Ahead of next Monday's UK premiere, we gave Mercedes 'I ain't no Kelly Rowland' Jones (aka actress Amber Riley) a call to talk all things Glee.

When you first started on the series, did you expect it to be so successful?
    "No I didn't! I wasn't sure what to expect. I really liked the script and I worked with Ryan Murphy before so I was just really excited."

What do you think it is that makes the show so popular?
    "I think that people really like the music - everyone responds to music so well. There's so many different types of music that we sing on the show - so many genres - and also some people see their own high school experiences through characters on the show."

What's been your favourite performance to date?
    "Probably 'Somebody to Love' - I really enjoyed that!"

You're doing really well on the iTunes chart. Did that surprise you?
    "Yes - I wasn't expecting to be a recording artist, but I am!"

Do you think you'll wind up pursuing a music career?
    "Yeah, that's the plan! That's been the plan since I've been - well, I wanted to record an album when I was, like, five. I've always loved singing and acting equally and I was like, 'Well whichever one takes off first, I'm sure the other one will follow!' It's cool because I get to do both and I love them both equally - I can't even pick one!"

Were you part of a choir when you were at school?
    "I wasn't - we didn't have a glee club in school. I kind of wish we did because if I was back in high school now, I definitely would join!"

Do you think the show has succeeded in making glee clubs cool?
    "There's a new show out - a show called The Sing Off - and apparently we inspired that. I don't know if it's true, but there's little glee clubs and groups and they're singing a cappella and harmony. I watched it last night and it was really cool. I don't know if we're responsible, but I think it's opening people's eyes. The glee clubs have always been there, but maybe now people are paying more attention to them."

What was it like having Eve on set recently?
    "Oh my goodness, it was cool! She was the first big celebrity that I met! She was really sweet - she's an old pro and she's been doing this for a long time. I was a little bit starstruck!"

Have you got any more guest stars lined up?
    "I believe Idina Menzel is coming in. She was in Wicked so that's really exciting. Also, far-fetched, out of this world, but it would be great to see Beyoncé come on! That would be so cool."

Do you get to sing any Beyoncé songs?
    "Yeah we did! I was so excited - I was like, 'Oh my God! She's one of my favourite artists!' I don't know if there's a chance of that, but I know she knows what Glee is, so if she wants to come down then I wouldn't argue!"

You've recently filmed a Madonna-themed episode. Which other singers do you think deserve their own ep?
    "Michael Jackson for sure. I love, love, love Michael Jackson. When they do these songs, I think we could pretty much do anything and they'd put the Glee sound on it and people would like it!"

Glee begins Monday, January 11 at 9pm on E4 in the UK and returns to Fox Tuesday, April 13 in the US.

DS

Thread Information