Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbara Windsor - Peggy Mitchell

I'll come I'll even buy a green bikin and a blonde wigi especially.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I'll come I'll even buy a green bikin and a blonde wigi especially.
    I will just go 70 style on my hair and develop the "trademark" laugh.. heck why even bother to bring a bikini, it is just going to fall off anyway
    Super Mod

OMG, Gibraltar is never going to be the same again!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on this. I don't think my blood pressure will stand three of you with your bras popping off every 5 minutes.

Phew! I'm going for a lie down in a dark room.....

Barbara Windsor has described her colourful life as simply "the distance between two pear trees".

Speaking at a ceremony in west London where she planted a pear tree, the former EastEnders star remembered a similar tree at her childhood home.

Barbara, 73, said: "I grew up in the East End in a two up-two down. The first bit of green I had was when were allocated a prefab house in Stoke Newington with a garden and it had a little pear tree.

"Ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to live here in Marylebone. The first tree I could have known was a pear tree and here I am all these years later, planting a pear tree in Marylebone. So life has been the distance between two pear trees."

Barbara arrived at the ceremony in the Lord Mayor of Westminster's chauffeured Rolls Royce, which had the registration plate WE1.

The tree was planted as part of a scheme by Westminster City Council, Westminster Tree Trust and the W1W Tree Planting Initiative to increase greenery in central London.

Barbara is due to star in a pantomime in Bristol this Christmas.

She said: "I wanted to do pantomime again because I got my first job doing panto in the Golders Green Hippodrome. I always got to say the line 'Here comes the Baron'. When I left EastEnders I wanted to do a bit of theatre and I wanted to be on the stage on Christmas Eve. And now I will be."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Barbara Windsor has described her colourful life as simply "the distance between two pear trees".

Speaking at a ceremony in west London where she planted a pear tree, the former EastEnders star remembered a similar tree at her childhood home.

Barbara, 73, said: "I grew up in the East End in a two up-two down. The first bit of green I had was when were allocated a prefab house in Stoke Newington with a garden and it had a little pear tree.

"Ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to live here in Marylebone. The first tree I could have known was a pear tree and here I am all these years later, planting a pear tree in Marylebone. So life has been the distance between two pear trees."
    And she's traded on her pair ever since...
    Last edited by parkerman; 04-11-2010 at 19:31.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    And she's traded on her pair ever since...
    and still playing a sad old Queen

Veteran actress Barbara Windsor has been honoured for her outstanding contribution to showbusiness.

The former Cary On star, who played Peggy Mitchell in the BBC One soap for 16 years, received the prize at the Variety Club Showbiz Awards.

TV talent show The X Factor won the best entertainment trophy, beating Strictly Come Dancing.

The ceremony, which was hosted by Justin Lee Collins, took place at London's Grosvenor House Hotel.

There were also trophies for dance troupe Diversity, who found fame on Britain's Got Talent.

They took home the inspirational young talent award ahead of Doctor Who star Matt Smith.

The star-studded event also saw two generations of the same family collecting trophies when Ray Winstone won film actor of the year and his daughter Jaime collected the outstanding British film award for Made In Dagenham.

Chart act N-Dubz won the recording artist of the year title, and Sheridan Smith was given the musical theatre award for her starring role in hit West End musical Legally Blonde.

Singer Russell Watson, who is on the comeback trail after a life-threatening brain tumour, picked up the classical prize.

The comedy prize went to the E4 series The Inbetweeners.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    The comedy prize went to the E4 series The Inbetweeners.
    It should have gone to the Variety Club themselves for giving Barbara Windsor a prize " for her outstanding contribution to showbusiness."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (15-11-2010)

Former EastEnders actress Barbara Windsor has admitted that she misses the team spirit that came with being part of the soap's ensemble cast.

Windsor made the decision to leave EastEnders earlier this year after playing matriarch Peggy Mitchell for 16 years, and her final scenes on the show aired in September.

The actress will next appear as part of the cast of pantomime Dick Whittington. She claims that the job has helped her move on from her days as a soap star.

"We started rehearsal on Monday and it was great, that camaraderie," Windsor told Holy Soap. "That's the only thing I've missed since I left EastEnders is that camaraderie."

Of her upcoming role playing Fairy Babs Bowbells, the actress said: "I'm nervous but a very excited nervous. I'm like a little girl."

Windsor makes her debut in Dick Whittington at the Bristol Hippodrome on December 11 and the show is scheduled to run until January 9.

Thread Information