Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbara Windsor - Peggy Mitchell

I dont think you can really say that she's talentless, I mean she had decades of acting experience behind her, and played a lot of different roles. But moving on from Eastenders is the right thing to do, cos feel that she's had enough storylines.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sean slater For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-10-2010)

What talent does it take to play the dumb blonde in Carry On Films who has a dirty laugh and always loses her bra

The only time when she had to act was when she allegedly perjured herself to keep her lover Ronnie Knight out of jail
    Last edited by alan45; 01-10-2010 at 14:46.

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    I dont think you can really say that she's talentless
    She was certainly very good at playing Peggy Mitchell in my eyes - the other stuff I neither know nor care about.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

alan45 (01-10-2010)

Stars collide: Barbara Windsor and Jessie Wallace in Eastenders
    Carry On star Barbara Windsor, who last month left EastEnders after 16 years as Peggy Mitchell, is to reveal she had a blazing row with co-star Jessie Wallace.
    Barbara, 73, tells Piers Morgan on his ITV series Life Stories that she lost her temper because 39-year-old Jessie, who plays Kat Moon, kept her waiting.
    ‘Jessie Wallace was the first time I erupted. She was late, she was young. She’s not like that any more. I lost my temper,’ says Barbara in the show to be shown on Saturday.

‘It was silly and I burst into tears and ran up to the producer. I said I had been terrible and amateur.’
    She says they have since made friends. ‘We liked each other a lot and she is such a good actress. But I told her not to be like that and arrive at the last minute. It was unprofessional.’
    Barbara also reveals she has become teetotal to help her husband Scott Mitchell. ‘He had a terrible alcohol problem and I used to drink to try to match him,’ she says. ‘Scott has been eight years clean now and I have not drunk either.’

The actress discusses her love affairs, which included a fling with Bee Gee Maurice Gibb and an affair with late Manchester United footballer George Best, whom she describes as ‘beautiful’.
    She also admits sleeping with notorious East End gangster Reggie Kray in the Sixties after having ‘too much to drink’.
    Barbara has had four abortions and has previously said she never wanted children. But in this latest interview she admits: ‘I think I would have made a good mother. I would have been very strict.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz11IZfpWLp

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood has revealed the reasoning behind the decision not to kill off Walford legend Peggy Mitchell.

Last month, viewers saw Peggy bow out of Albert Square after she decided that her beloved family needed some independence at last.

In the lead-up to Barbara Windsor's departure from the role, rumours had suggested that Peggy would die in the Queen Vic fire, which was screened on the same week as her final scenes.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Kirkwood commented: "I was told just as I accepted the job that Barbara Windsor had decided to leave. That was bittersweet news to receive, so my first main decisions were about how Peggy would go, and who would take over the pub afterwards."

He continued: "We all discussed the idea of Peggy dying, but every time we talked about it, we were left with a bad taste in our mouths! It just didn't feel right at all. Barbara brings a unique flavour to what she does, and I think there's a real kind of investment in her as an actress.

"We wanted her to leave in a poignant and emotionally truthful fashion - and I wanted Peggy to be able to leave Albert Square with dignity."

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

"We wanted her to leave in a poignant and emotionally truthful fashion - and I wanted Peggy to be able to leave Albert Square with dignity."
    Shame they didn't manage either then...

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Shame they didn't manage either then...
    Its hard making a silk purse from a sows ear. Even a pig with lipstick.

Alan have you been buying the Daily Mail this week to get the free Carry on dvd's

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I am sure he haas got all the box sets already

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Alan have you been buying the Daily Mail this week to get the free Carry on dvd's
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I am sure he haas got all the box sets already
    In my childhood they were funny. Nowadays I prefer to put Dulux on the walls and watch it dry!!!

For my regular fix of the Poison Dwarf I just have to listen to her ridiculous bingo adverts

Thread Information