Thread: Viral Rashes in Children

Viral Rashes in Children

OK, hoping someone here will have some experience of this.

Aimee has had a cold on and off for last 2 weeks ( she is also teething!) on sunday she became unwell, doctor thinks she had a ear infection and when i saw him tuesday he felt she was gettingover that. Weds she was fine a bit clingy but happier than she has been. last night when i put her to bed i noticed a slight rash on her back but just assumed it was where id been holding her to give her her bottle

This morning, i change her out her pjs and notice she has a rash all over her stomach and chest, all over her back and a few blotches on her arms. Take connor to school and sat with her and i notice she has a rash spreading on her face which was deffo not there when i changed her!

Did teh glass test, called doctors who had a quick glance felt it a bit and said it viral!

hmmmmm connor has had viral rashes before and ive never seen anything like it, it very blotchy! she very clingy today only wants me, wont get off to play just wants to sit on me, ive put her to bed and she dosent want her bottle but i noticed she now has a very red rash on her scalp and also onher legs. i dont know my motherly instinct is saying its not a viral rash but what could it be, if the doc said it was viral then surely it is??

sooooooo ( if you have survived this long!!) do viral rashes spread????? coudl it be something else?? should i be worried???

sorry this so long was hoping some of the mummies on here or anyone could help, thanks for reading xxx

Debs, mother instinct is never to be ignored. Can you take her to someone else to get another opinion or take her back to the doctor to say you would like futher tests done? I very much doubt it is anything serious but just to put your mind at rest?? Rashes should not just be brushed off as viral!

I would have guessed Chicken pox or the measles Debs.. it happen with Ben.. he had 2 spots on his back when we left for creche one day and by the time we got there (10 mins later) his back was covered in them... When Charley had chicken pox, I thought it was measles they were so small and red
    Super Mod

I think you should go and see the doctor again, or at least a nurse, just for your own peace of mind. Like Siobhan said, could be measles/chickenpox.

I go to the doctor straight away with them just to be safer and good luck

Debs has the doctor suggested give Amy an anti-histamine. When Marley was about 1 1/2 years old she woke up one night covered in red blotches crying that she was itchy and I had to take her out to the all night surgery we had near by, twice it happened within a few months and after that I was advised by the doctor to keep printon in the house as they were unsure if it was a viral infection or an allergic reaction to something she has eaten, drank or touch. It still happens to Marley and she is 11 now. It usually happens when she is coming down with a cold or fever. I give her some priniton and the rash goes away. Then I can deal with the fever.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    DS2 often comes out in hives and viral rashes when he has colds etc and they tend to spread, getting worse, before they get better

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    DS2 often comes out in hives and viral rashes when he has colds etc and they tend to spread, getting worse, before they get better
    Thanks for your replies, her rash had gone down by the next day, she was still blocthy but not so irritable and now today she just has a little bit on her face. She is finally back to looking more like my Aims,

Thread Information