Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spooks Series 8 Spoilers

ctress Hermione Norris has quit her role in the hit BBC show Spooks, it was reported today.

The 42-year-old, who plays MI5 counter terrorism section chief Ros Myers, is set to make her exit this series, according to insiders on the show.

'It's a spectacular ending,' they told the Daily Mirror. 'No one will be disappointed, but it will be kept secret.'

The actress, who is a mother-of-two, publicly hinted at a departure from the show just yesterday during an appearance on ITV daytime show This Morning.

She told presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield: 'I have loved playing Ros. It is a hugely loved show.

'Since I did Cold Feet, this is the show that people now get excited about and enthusiastic about - they really want to know what's going on.'

Norris, who has been on the show for five years, was awarded the title of Best Actress at ITV's Crime Thriller awards last year.

She also appears in the series Kingdom as Beatrice Kingdom, the half-sister of the character played by Stephen Fry, and is set to star alongside Trevor Eve in a remake of Bouquet of Barbed Wire.

She said: 'It's not like the original at all. It's fascinating, full of lies, deceit and painful secrets.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ular-exit.html

Flip, how many more characters are going to leave? It's going to be a whole new Section D by the end of the series.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Why do I have a horrible feeling that the only way they'll get rid of ros it to kill her. I mean look at what she's been through already in the show and she's stuck at it, plus now she's got the top job in section D, all she ever wanted, what would possibly ever make her leave of her own free will

Spooks Ep 6/8
    Wednesday 9 December
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
    www.bbc.co.uk/spooks

Britain is on the verge of bankruptcy. The Government is unable to honour its national debt payments and Section D must retrieve more than a billion pounds of illegal earnings from the impenetrable DeWits bank, as the spy drama continues.

For the past four months, Ryan Baisley, a DeWits employee, has been working as an MI5 asset, secretly recording account details. With the country close to economic collapse, MI5 orders Baisley to hand over the information. However, Baisley has other plans.

A team of assassins breaks into Baisley's safe house, leaving him alone and on the run for his life. Harry and his team have no idea where Baisley is and, to make matters worse, they discover he has attempted to do a deal with the DeWits bank manager, Irvin Perrot.

With time running out, Section D tracks Baisley down but the assassins aren't far behind. As Ros catches up with him, she is caught in the crossfire of a shootout. Although Ros sees off the hit men, Baisley slips away – leaving Section D back at square one.

Ros forces Perrot to reveal when his exchange with Baisley will take place. She knows the hit men will be lying in wait but she will stop at nothing to get to Baisley first.

Meanwhile, Ruth's investigations into the power meeting at Basel pay off when she discovers something called "Nightingale". The team must find out what, or who, Nightingale is.

Ryan Baisley is played by Ewen Bremner, Harry by Peter Firth, Irvin Perrot by Richard Durden, Ros by Hermione Norris and Ruth by Nicola Walker.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Spooks Ep 6/8
    Wednesday 9 December
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE
    www.bbc.co.uk/spooks

Britain is on the verge of bankruptcy. The Government is unable to honour its national debt payments and Section D must retrieve more than a billion pounds of illegal earnings from the impenetrable DeWits bank, as the spy drama continues.

For the past four months, Ryan Baisley, a DeWits employee, has been working as an MI5 asset, secretly recording account details. With the country close to economic collapse, MI5 orders Baisley to hand over the information. However, Baisley has other plans.

A team of assassins breaks into Baisley's safe house, leaving him alone and on the run for his life. Harry and his team have no idea where Baisley is and, to make matters worse, they discover he has attempted to do a deal with the DeWits bank manager, Irvin Perrot.

With time running out, Section D tracks Baisley down but the assassins aren't far behind. As Ros catches up with him, she is caught in the crossfire of a shootout. Although Ros sees off the hit men, Baisley slips away – leaving Section D back at square one.

Ros forces Perrot to reveal when his exchange with Baisley will take place. She knows the hit men will be lying in wait but she will stop at nothing to get to Baisley first.

Meanwhile, Ruth's investigations into the power meeting at Basel pay off when she discovers something called "Nightingale". The team must find out what, or who, Nightingale is.

Ryan Baisley is played by Ewen Bremner, Harry by Peter Firth, Irvin Perrot by Richard Durden, Ros by Hermione Norris and Ruth by Nicola Walker.
    Ros's last episode?

Wasn't Nightingale mentioned in the last series?
    Thanks CrazyLea

I watched Wednesday's episode on bbc3. I'm not telling you what happened.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I watched Wednesday's episode on bbc3. I'm not telling you what happened.
    I will tell you

Spoiler:
    Jo
    gets shot by
    Spoiler:
    Ros
    and
    Spoiler:
    dies

Don't open the spoiler tags.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Spooks Spoilers 16 December 09

Wednesday 16 December
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

www.bbc.co.uk/spooks

Spoiler:
    When a Pakistani intelligence officer is stabbed to death in south London, Dickie, the head of the Pakistani intelligence service in London, wants to talk. Dickie tells Harry Pearce and Ros Myers that he has been running an asset who has infiltrated a group of Hindu nationalists, led by Harish Dhillon.

Dhillon's group is planning an attack targeting Muslims and, with tensions between the Hindu and Muslim communities riding high, a furious Harry demands that Dickie hand over his asset – 17-year-old Ashok Veerkal.

A Muslim with a Hindu name, Ashok is terrified of Dhillon and is desperate to cut ties with him. But there's too much at stake and Section D applies pressure to find out when and where the attack will happen.

Ashok manages to discover the details of the attack but, just as Section D are about to swoop, they learn that Dhillon's handler is working with CIA agent Sarah Caulfield.

Ashok is forced to stay undercover, but Dhillon's handler knows there is a traitor, leaving Ashok in the firing line. Section D is desperate to prevent a war breaking out on British soil between the Muslim and Hindu communities, but how far will they go to stop it?

Dickie is played by Harmage Singh Kalirai, Harry Pearce by Peter Firth, Ros Myers by Hermione Norris, Harish Dhillon by Paul Sharma, Ashok Veerkal by Ashley Kumar and Sarah Caulfield by Genevieve O'Reilly.

Thread Information