Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridget Jones 3

Bridget Jones 3

Renee Zellweger has reportedly played down speculation that she will return for a third instalment of her Bridget Jones franchise.

It had been suggested that Working Title was in the "very early stages" of Bridget Jones 3, reportedly based on a series of newspaper columns by author Helen Fielding.

However, speaking to E! Online's Marc Malkin, she said: "I get asked every single day and I don't know anything. It's a rumour."

When asked whether she would consider appearing in an alleged stage musical based on the popular character, she replied: "I haven't been asked, [but] I think that would be weird. Do you think that would be weird?"

Bridget Jones's Diary, based on the bestselling book, was released in 2001 and took over $280 million worldwide. It later spawned a sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason, which grossed around $260 million.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...t-jones-3.html

I don't know if I want another part of this. I loved the Hugh Grant character and wondered how would he fit into the storyline if there was another part of this film....

if there is another movie, I want another book!! I love Bridget Jones
    Super Mod

I liked the first film a lot the follow up wasn't bad but then I wonder how much more can they explore with Bridget? Giving her children? Going through pregnancy?

Variety is reporting that Renee Zellweger will reprise her role as a British publishing exec in yet another installment of the Bridget Jones series. The project from Working Title is untitled and not expected to go into production until the end of next year. The movie will likely focus on Bridget's attempt to have a baby in her 40s, according to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I liked the first film a lot the follow up wasn't bad but then I wonder how much more can they explore with Bridget? Giving her children? Going through pregnancy?
    I would love to read her going through pregnancy.. I much prefer the books but the movies haven't been bad
    Super Mod

I loved the books too but I like Hugh Grants character a lot very realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I loved the books too but I like Hugh Grants character a lot very realistic
    Love Hugh Grant full stop but in Bridget jones he is brilliant... I always hate the end of BJ 1... no way would she have gotten the nice guy in real life, everyone ends up with the total *******
    Super Mod

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Hannelene (21-10-2009)

So true!

I thought that Bridget would end up alone still hoping to find her Mr Right as I felt that Colin's character was a little too weak and soft.

it is quiet funny cause he hardly gets a mention in the book (at the start and end) where in the movie he is always there at the most embarrassing times for Bridget..
    Super Mod

Thread Information