Eamonn Holmes has signed up to present a new Friday night entertainment show for BBc One NI, it has been announced.

The project, titled The Friday Show, sees Holmes team up with I'd Do Anything finalist Rachel Tucker for a night of music performances, audience games and comedy stunts.

Each week a special star guest will appear, while one audience member will be in with the chance of winning up to £5,000.

"It's the end of everybody's week, including mine," said Holmes. "It's not a serious show at all. It's about having a laugh. I'm being given a chance to let my hair down and be the mischievous guy that I am.

"It's a real people's show - the audience at home, the audience in the studio, and quite often the unsuspecting audience out there on the streets of Northern Ireland."

Tucker added: "I am so looking forward to coming back home to Northern Ireland to do this show with Eamonn. I can feel that something very different and exciting is coming our way and that this new show will really help people really kick start their weekend."

The Friday Show begins Friday, October 23 at 9pm on BBC One NI.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...iday-show.html