Thread: O'Brien: 'Final Corrie scenes took ages'

O'Brien: 'Final Corrie scenes took ages'

Coronation Street star Gray O'Brien has revealed that the hospital scenes for his spectacular exit had to be repeatedly reshot.

The actor - who plays murderer Tony Gordon - has a heart attack and confesses to Roy Cropper than he killed Liam Connor.

However, he said the final scenes had to be re-shot over and over again because David Neilson - who plays Roy Cropper - kept laughing, The Sun reported.

O'Brien stated: "David is the worst giggler you will ever meet. He's brilliant as Roy Cropper and a really good mate off-screen.

"The hospital scenes look amazing but you'll never see the truth. It took so many takes to get in the can because David just couldn't stop laughing."

He added he will miss the soap but he was happy with his final storyline.

O'Brien said: "I'm sad to leave the show but Tony is going to go out with a bang. And, after filming the final episodes, I can honestly say that I have never been so exhausted in my life.

"I didn't want to exit from the show consigned to oblivion by waving from the back of a taxi.

"This way, Tony is finally gone - but the confession isn't the end of the story, not by far."

He went on to say Coronation Street fans seem to have a soft spot for Tony Gordon.

"Producers warned me I'd get a hard time with the public as Corrie baddies always do. But viewers have warmed to him because although he is a nutcase he also has charm," O'Brien explained.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3...ticle_continue

So he dies before he gets a trial

I didn't want him to die!

Thread Information