Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Pratt (sorry Platt) and Kate Plank return

Former Coronation Street actresses Tina O'Brien and Kate Ford are not returning to the ITV soap for its 50th anniversary, Digital Spy can confirm.

The News of the World today claims that 26-year-old O'Brien, who played Sarah Grimshaw between 1999 and 2007, recently signed a new one-year deal with the Weatherfield soap.

The report also claims that producers have been in talks with Kate Ford, who played twisted Tracy Barlow, for a screen comeback to tie in with the show's 50th anniversary next year.

However, a spokeswoman for Coronation Street this morning told DS: "There are no plans for Tina or Kate to make their comebacks as Sarah and Tracy. We haven't even discussed the possibility of them returning for the 50th, so no offers have been made or contracts signed."

A source at the soap allegedly told the newspaper: "Tina is one of the first 'old faces' to sign up for Corrie's 50th year. Bosses have also had a meeting with Kate about her possible return."

Perhaps they are filming her being visited in prison rather than her being on Coronation Street. If it happens despite the current denial by Corry bosses.

We will just have to wait and see.....

Tracy Barlow will make her return to Coronation Street on Christmas Eve, it has been confirmed.

The Weatherfield superbitch - played by actress Kate Ford - was last seen on screen in May, when she made a failed attempt to get her 15-year jail sentence cut by testifying in court against former neighbour Gail McIntyre.

Show bosses had always planned for Tracy to make a full-time comeback by the end of the year, but the exact time of her return had been kept under wraps until now.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson revealed that a plot twist will see Tracy get out of prison - to the surprise of her family and the rest of the Street's residents.

Collinson explained: "Tracy will be back on Christmas Eve and, as you can imagine, she is the last person who everyone is expecting to see. Her family have no idea she's been let out, so they are completely shocked. But how she gets out of prison is something we want to keep a secret."

He added: "I'm really excited about all the trouble she'll cause. She's always loved Steve McDonald and the fact that they have a child together means that they will always have a bond. It's going to be interesting to see how Becky copes.

"And then there's also the small matter of Gail. She was nearly jailed because of Tracy's false testimony, so there will be quite a bit going on between them. The Street will still be getting over the tram crash. And then Tracy's back - which will bring its own disaster for some of the characters."

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    If they want someone back they will write a storyline to cover it though thankfully they havent resorted to ridiculous stories like raisng the dead.
    I think you've hit on the answer there, alan. Tracy gets killed in prison and then comes back from the dead. It all makes perfect sense...well, as much sense as releasing a convicted murderer after 2 years.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-10-2010), Siobhan (04-10-2010)

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson revealed that a plot twist will see Tracy get out of prison - to the surprise of her family and the rest of the Street's residents. and the vast majority of sensible viewers
    In other words they havent thought of any plausible storyline to bring Traceyluv back
    Last edited by alan45; 04-10-2010 at 15:06.

Tina O'Brien has confirmed that she would be interested in returning to Coronation Street in the future.

The actress played the role of Sarah Platt on the Weatherfield drama for eight years until 2007, when she bowed out of the show to pursue new projects.

Asked by We Love Telly whether she would ever make a Corrie comeback, O'Brien replied: "Yes, maybe one day if they had a space for me. Sarah's such a big part of the Platt family - it would be nice to clear up some unfinished business. Who knows?"

The 27-year-old admitted that she became particularly keen for a return when watching the soap's 50th anniversary celebrations last month.

She said: "It's the first time that I thought - 'Oh, I wish I was there'. I really got a pang for it. I was imagining how they all must be feeling - the adrenaline and going out afterwards."

O'Brien is currently playing the role of Bex Fisher on BBC One's Waterloo Road.

Coronation Street star Kate Ford has suggested that she may not commit to the show for much longer.

The 33-year-old actress, who left the ITV1 serial in 2008 after falling pregnant, admitted that commuting from London can be stressful.

She told the Daily Record: In an ideal world [Corrie] it would be something that I just dipped in and out of. I can't imagine I'll be there for 20 years.

"I feel I've made a life for myself in London. Being in it long-term, I think the commute would kill me. I wouldn't want to do that from London forever."

Meanwhile, Ford expressed her satisfaction receiving a nod in the British Soap Awards this month: "I got a nomination for 'Best Villain' at the Soap Awards. That was a compliment. Any nomination is."

The actress, who plays Tracy Barlow in the show, has reportedly signed a contract that will keep her character in Weatherfield until 2012.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (30-05-2011), parkerman (29-05-2011), Perdita (29-05-2011), xcarlyx (29-05-2011)

Coronation Street star Kate Ford has suggested that she may not commit to the show for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post

Thread Information