Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Pratt (sorry Platt) and Kate Plank return

Sarah Pratt (sorry Platt) and Kate Plank return

From Sundays News of the World.

Two of Corries most wooden actresses return to T'Street

PLATT'S back - Corrie babe Tina O'Brien will return to the soap in the New Year for the show's 50th birthday.

And telly bosses also want Kate Ford - crazed killer Tracy Barlow - on board for the party.

We can reveal that Tina, 26, last week signed a one-year deal which will see her on the ITV1 soap from January.

It will mean that the actress, who left the show back in 2007, will be on our screens as Sarah Platt for the Street's half-century episode in December next year. The News of the World can also reveal that Kate , 32, is in talks about a comeback too.

She also left the show in 2007, after her character Tracy murdered cheating fella Charlie Stubbs and was sentenced to life in prison.

Our Corrie mole said: "Tina is one of the first 'old faces' to sign up for Corrie's 50th year. Bosses have also had a meeting with Kate about her possible return."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I knew Tina would come back quite soon, I never believed her constant remarks that she is enjoying motherhood too much to come back in a hurry. I guess the Tracey Barlow character would have to come back after her release from prison too, I just never liked Kate Ford and would therefore prefer a different actress.

Wow I never thought Kate would come back into the soap

I kind of liked her in small doses she wasn't a great actress but I wonder what hassle she could cause Steve........

As for Sarah heading back into the soap I thought she was happy doing panto? It would be nice to see what would happen between her character and Jason as there is unfinished business between these 2. I can see Jason's girlfriend Tina being left heartbroken

oh no, that really is the worst news to wake up to!!!!

It's not good news is it?

As for these 2 characters it would be kind of nice to see them back for a few episodes but not for more then a week or 2 let alone 6 months!

how long is tracey supposed to be in prison for? she murdered somebody!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

She did murder someone she was sentenced to life and recommended that she serve a min. of 15 years. She has only served a little over 2 years of her sentence so would they write her in to the soap now? Will we have to watch monthly visits in the prison with her parents until she is released?

This is soapland. If they want Ms Ford back they will soon invent a reason for her to be released. Little things like justice dont bother soap writers. In Deadenders the Mitchell Bruvvas should have been locked up and the keys thrown away but because they are Mitchells they can control the judiciary, the prison service ant the Metropolitan Police.
    Corrie is no different. If they want someone back they will write a storyline to cover it though thankfully they havent resorted to ridiculous stories like raisng the dead.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

They will find some new evidence 3 years on! This is soapland afterall.

But she did it! We all saw her do it what new evidence could they be?

Thread Information